2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were out at SH between noon to 5 today only managed one wild Coho and one 61 cm spring. Can you believe it.
Very slow out there today 80 or so boats only saw Maybe half dozen boats with a fish on.
Got them both on white hoochies after no luck with bait.
Both were beautiful fish.

Last edited:
Tried for a Ling at Thrasher early but no luck. Run across was smooth but wind picked up and couldn’t keep lines down. Caught 2 just unders but the big one was hiding. Pounded over to Sandheads around noon and made the mistake of starting deep and having to run through the crowd. Felt like I was fishing in a bowling lane. Was actually hoping not to get a hit. Once I got out of the crowd to the north side and shallower had my chance close to tide change. Solid hit at 105’ on the rigger in 180’ water on herring. 20lb white landed solo after a bit of fun and tense moments. Thankfully had lots of room to manoeuvre and fight the fish. The beer back at the dock hasn’t tasted that good in a while!

Fished SH from 2-7. One bite at 3 pm then the freight train hit at 3:30. Anchovy at 88ft on DR in 250ft. Landed this one solo; thanks to a couple boats for getting out of my way!! Weighed in at 28lbs.
Quiet until 6:30 pm then another monster hit at 65 in 150ft; peels out like Crazy and fought for 25 mins. Lost him right at the boat while trying to net. Hardest fighting fish I ever had on, must have been at least 25 lbs. Fun day; some big fish still out there. 9C54D640-962D-4039-A8B2-ACCC29A9242B.jpeg

Not quite the epic day but we managed 1 22lb White Doe and thru back 3 Jack's ... Started out around 7 Nothing till 10 then our day opened for 1 hour and nothing after 11 Finished up 3:15 All on spoons Regardless a great day with the exception of my sore throat from all that smoke!!!IMG_6102.jpg

Has anyone tried free spooling when being sealed have done it. It works just have to keep about 10 percent tension until seal loses interest he can't catch it. I've never tried it fishing Fraser but it works at Haida gwai

How are the water conditions at SH? Georgia straight weather buoy is indicating a 0.5m wave height. Not sure how a south wesrly wind affects conditions at SH. Going solo and want to be safe on the water. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

My buddy is passing g 110 and says its fine. He's a bit more protected there but I think it may be OK at sh too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back