2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry typo....last year I hooked quite a few cohos with only a very small number being hatchery...is 10-15% of the coho caught at SH being clipped a reasonable estimate of the actual numbers of hatch vs wild or did I just get unlucky last year?

Smoke, moths, and the plague. Only thing missing is locusts. Out at sandheads with the fleet. Passed the whales on the way here - they were headed north. Nothing yet for us, but have just seen a couple nets so hopefully the bite is coming on.

Smoke, moths, and the plague. Only thing missing is locusts. Out at sandheads with the fleet. Passed the whales on the way here - they were headed north. Nothing yet for us, but have just seen a couple nets so hopefully the bite is coming on.
What’s water like out there? I see FW says blowing 13. Visibility sh|t?

Started at SH 6:30am
2 in the box. 70 feet deep/ bait.
Just left. Orcas liked us for some reason.
250 plus boats at SH. Donkeys everywhere.
2 road launch gong show with donkeys that hold up the launch cause they want to put in, go back to their vehicles to carry all their stuff to their boats.
Saturday’s are when all the donkeys come out.

"Only thing missing is the locusts" LOL. We need a Moses to lead us to the fish.

At North arm today. Was too snotty to go south. Got out late. Nothing yet no nets seen. Vis is 3 miles and it’s cold like Fall. 1 foot chop winds 10-15 30 boats I can see. May be more.

Has anyone seen the orcas lately, hopping to show my little one.
The tour boats were still around Point Atkinson at 12PM when I came back through with my buddy in tow but I didn't see any whales.

Early morning at SH was good. Cold, hazy and dark, but fishing was good till orcas and sea lions had a feast. Windy but waves were not bad. Landed 2 chinooks at 60 feet on the DRs, lost one. Also landed a wild Coho that we released. Air was really bad though with the smoke.

Nobody knows. Unclipped doesn’t mean wild.
You are correct. I talk to someone who said they couldn't get enough people to clip. So they just released them all at the hatchery. Iam sure if they ask for help they would get some volunteers.

The fish from yesterday herring aid flasher with green glow medium herring. Took two fairly big runs but the currents make it a bit easier to tire them out. Two man job to get it in the boat.

yThte28.jpeg

You are correct. I talk to someone who said they couldn't get enough people to clip. So they just released them all at the hatchery. Iam sure if they ask for help they would get some volunteers.
I heard they only clip 10% of the hatchery fish in BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back