2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey local and provincial anglers... I rarely post in these forums but check them regularly. Always a lot of disgruntled fisherman about canada s resource that is dwindling year after year. Fish farms, out of control seal populations, and of course commie fishing, and deaf provincial and national Dfo and government, when stocks are at all time lows are just some of the contributing factors. There are times when I feel like all of us sporties should have some large flotillas and block the ports for a day or??? It would be nice to get some real attention on the problems or soon there will be no fishing reports. Thoughts ?
Fish lives matter

Last edited:
This thread is veering off course again. There are plenty of threads dealing with things being posted here, in the Conservation section. Let's keep the enjoyment of fishing away from the politics of fishing as best we can.

Last edited:
Fished from 12-6 at entrance today. Tossed everything I had at em. Three rods 150-275 on the riggers. Bait, hootchies, spoons. No legals but lots of unders. Zero prawns and 1 crab. Lots of effort for not much to show for it! Great fun as always though :)

24 hours. Will be out off North arm dragging freshly prepped meat. If that doesn’t work I’ll head to the south arm. I’m getting 2 Springs if it takes all day. Good luck. Feels like the weather is turning quicker than last year though.

My boat is down for the opening tomorrow. I’ll chip in for expenses or and return the favour for any kind fisherman who could host an experienced seasoned Sandheads fisherman.

Just wanted to confirm what areas are opening tomorrow? Is everyone talking about 29-9 and 29-10? I can't see where it says that they are gonna open those areas?

20200831_095458.jpg Gees once again the parking for the ramp at #2 is filled with ****...wonder when they will get this crap out so we can park, looks like its McDonald beach ramp tommorow

So is it certain we can fish area 29-10? Sorry for the derail but I've read everything on the DFO site and see the following on FN0569;

"Approaches to Fraser River - Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 to 29-17 and the non-tidal waters of the Fraser River from Mission Bridge to the confluence with Sawmill Creek:
-00:01 Hours January 1 to 23:59 Hours November 1: No fishing for salmon (Fishing opportunities for specific salmon stocks may be considered at a later date)".

I got the impression access to the South Arm was on. Its clear that 29-3 is ok, but 29-10 not so much....Did I miss another FN notice post this one? Its all so confusing...I don't need a long answer cause I'm sure everyone has their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back