2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a ridiculous day, dead then bam bam from 1245 through 230. Had a visit from the fish cops doing license and compliance checks, they seemed to have checked every boat in the area.

Most everyone was tight into shore but out west was where it was at, for me anyway. And the white jughead was definitely the winner over every spoon. I stopped counting after 13 to the boat. Amazing trip to start the season.

Oh and the side without the counter had the jughead. I'd drop with my 15 lb cannonball, count to 20 and have at it.

The damn brown algae remains too, gross.

Last edited:
Quick question, area 29-10 (upper banana) is open for hatchery coho. Any ideas if they're actually in the area?

Nothing like letting go 20lb clipped fish /facepalm

RC is busy this am, nice grade of fish around. 117:97 usual suspects hootchies n spoons.
Ignorant tack though. Currents doing its best impression of a river
nice to hear bigger fish r showing up

I’m no fish biologist...but:

Non retention last spring / early summer probably reduced the pressure on 3 yr old fish which may have been just legal immature feeders in spring 2019.

Now they have had a full extra year to grow and are being caught as 4 year olds.

I have caught / kept many ~10 lb whites in the spring fishery off Bowen and the gulf islands. Give them an extra year and they will be 20lb.

Just a partially educated guess.

Last edited:
2 hour troll at Point Atkinson area 2:30 - 4:30. One good missed hit at 85'. Nothing else. Did one pass down the mile markers - no hits but a fair bit of bait spread out. 2 seals started following me so called it quits.

HITW huge bait schools rolled in. Have a video of seals going nuts right in front of Sunset Marina but cant figure out how to attach it. Needless to say it was a epic day with 20+ hookups. 4 double headers and at least 10 fish in the teens. Reeltime seals definitely meant fish around today.

HITW huge bait schools rolled in. Have a video of seals going nuts right in front of Sunset Marina but cant figure out how to attach it. Needless to say it was a epic day with 20+ hookups. 4 double headers and at least 10 fish in the teens. Reeltime seals definitely meant fish around today.
I was around there fishing all last week the bait balls are huge black moving schools, was insane a really good thing so awesome to see, just seems like things are
getting better out there locally... jacked for the season ahead..

need to upload your vid to Youtube to play

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back