2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking of going out boxing day but now I'm unsure looking at the wind predictions... Does anyone know if the launch at sunset is open?

Dan pretty sure there's security around the clock at the front gate, pay them
Drove right down to the launch and the security person asked if I wanted to launch ... I decided not to because it’s was too windy that day and they didn’t have a dock to tie up to.

Drove right down to the launch and the security person asked if I wanted to launch ... I decided not to because it’s was too windy that day and they didn’t have a dock to tie up to.
It's a bit of a gong show launching there in the winter, i avoid it till spring when they bring back the docks, just way more hassle then it's
worth, find it gets very lumpy there and hit with outflows hard...

It's a bit of a gong show launching there in the winter, i avoid it till spring when they bring back the docks, just way more hassle then it's
can get nasty as so open
can get nasty as all open there

Ladys and gentlemen

I Would like to launch my 23 Striper Monday at Vanier Seeing the discussion about how nasty launching can be at Sunset I'd like to ask for your opinion about Vanier : should I be worried using the Vanier ramp? I have experience launching but I've never launched in wintertime
Thank you
D

Ladys and gentlemen

I Would like to launch my 23 Striper Monday at Vanier Seeing the discussion about how nasty launching can be at Sunset I'd like to ask for your opinion about Vanier : should I be worried using the Vanier ramp? I have experience launching but I've never launched in wintertime
Thank you
D
It’s fine, good ramp. Pay parking. Use the north ramp if tides low.

I might ad North side of North ramp closer to the rock pile. However, during the winter the tide does not get quite low enough to require going there. Future thought for summertime tides.

I launch at sunset to avoid the long haul from downtown mcdonald Beach or in my case rocky point. Its true the summer docks aren't in at sunset but you just take the boat over to the fuel dock after launching and park your rig after if you are solo thats my experience there anyway.

Hit tunstall yesterday for my first time, we hooked up 3 springs, two really good scraps with a seal twice who robbed us, lucky enough to get our gear back, dropped to prawn pots in about 240 ft near tunstall bay, only got 5 prawns. not deep enough? or just wrong area. Beauty day on my buddies new to him 28 conquest. got to use his new scotty prawn puller his wife got him. works well

Fished the harbour yesterday from 2-4 pm with very little success. Started out west of the bell buoy and fished in past the mile markers between 100 and 180, then back out into the wind, trying to find the bait. Not much to be found!

Less than a week earlier I was out and bait was in clouds at a few depths, especially out deeper – 160+. Only found little pockets yesterday so maybe they've moved out deeper or dispersed? I'd like to hear what others found. As my dad says: fish swim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back