2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a bit choppy on the water at sandheads? Going out tomorrow with dad who doesn't have sea legs...seems like tomorrow wind conditions will be similar to today. Thanks

Is it actually posible to use air gun to spooke seals? Just don't allow them to come up and breese so they will change their location after a while? I mean if we could do it all together for long period of time, and how it's going to look like in terms of law and problems from DFO?

Lumpy at sandheads this morning only fished it for 2 hours and had enough of the slop. Nothing Caught. Seen two that looked like coho caught and that was it. Move to t10 for an hour and nothing.

called it and went home

Is it actually posible to use air gun to spooke seals? Just don't allow them to come up and breese so they will change their location after a while? I mean if we could do it all together for long period of time, and how it's going to look like in terms of law and problems from DFO?

sounds like you’ll spend more time chasing seals than fishing. i’ve seen this on action in Nootka. two FN guides out of friendly kept circling and staying on top of two sea lions that wouldn’t leave. they eventually were so stressed, they left and the fishing turned back on. looked pretty sketchy. feel for you guys. what a nitemare

Lumpy at sandheads this morning only fished it for 2 hours and had enough of the slop. Nothing Caught. Seen two that looked like coho caught and that was it. Move to t10 for an hour and nothing.

called it and went home

I just moved down to t10 so it should go off at sh now haha...sloppy I can handle but that was an unbelievable amount of grass and weeds. Good luck guys. All I saw was 2 dogs and a jack that's it.

First outing for the year at T-10 and mouth of the north arm last two hours haven't seen a net in the water including ours.

sounds like you’ll spend more time chasing seals than fishing. i’ve seen this on action in Nootka. two FN guides out of friendly kept circling and staying on top of two sea lions that wouldn’t leave. they eventually were so stressed, they left and the fishing turned back on. looked pretty sketchy. feel for you guys. what a nitemare
The guides left or the seals left? Lol.

Up in Halfmoon Bay for the long weekend here with the boat. Anyone finding any nearby? Epsom, Trail etc? Going to head out tomorrow morning for the high slack.

Its probably going to be slim pickings up but you should give it a shot. How big a boat do you have with you? Within range easily is bjerre shoal, epsom, upwood and the pilings. My buddy is in secret cove and said its been quiet. You may want to have a look off the western most of the trail islands too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back