2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its probably going to be slim pickings up but you should give it a shot. How big a boat do you have with you? Within range easily is bjerre shoal, epsom, upwood and the pilings. My buddy is in secret cove and said its been quiet. You may want to have a look off the western most of the trail islands too.
It's a huge boat at heart.

picked up one at north arm late this afternoon spending time down at T10 for the low slack ...
very slow along with the other 50-60 boats just watching rod tips ......

6DB7509F-AA1D-4AEA-8A6A-1C9ADA1A633E.jpeg I’ve discovered a new fishing superstition. NEVER take a pic of a seal before heading out! Lines in water from 7:30am to 5:00pm. Skunkeroooo. Started North Arm trolling south. Had a good hit half hour in with nice fish on. Mother Tucker big seal grabs fish. Tried to get on top of it but it wrapped line on engines and end of that story. Trolled all the way to south arm. Several hours down there. Why so many trap minefields this year!!!! Lost focus for 10 minutes and then lost 2 cannonballs. Then trolled all the way back to North Arm. Nada. No Love. But can’t wait to go again!

Did anyone else see the Wright whale come through sandheads today around 1...? Almost twice the size of a killer.
With a massive blowhole...10 feet from the boat next to us...

On second thought and quite possibly a hump back...the only id other the size
And girth is the massive two humps around the blowholes...it was HUGE !

Saw what appeared to be a humpback this morning at SH on the river tail out. You might have seen a repeat visitor . It was massive. Slow moving. And unfortunately the only fish I saw today outside of a dogfish

Saw what appeared to be a humpback this morning at SH on the river tail out. You might have seen a repeat visitor . It was massive. Slow moving. And unfortunately the only fish I saw today outside of a dogfish
Ya prob same one . Having a hard time to resource the blow hole..unmistakable.
dorsal was way back and guessing 50 ft
Long...

It was a humpy, he scared the **** out of me approx 7’ from the edge of my boat, thought it was going to take my rod out.... got the boat rolling pretty good...

That must of been u then as we looked over..and thats exactly the look on your face.. lol

Fishing Sh today from 7-3 mangaed to get one coho .. but a nice hatchery about 12lbs ..
Pretty slow day not many nets out and certainly not like the day before where we Managed 4 nooks all between 16-20 lbs had many more on and was running about 50/50 .. one for us one for the seals... I did mange to strick back once as i manged to get one back from a seal who let go to regrip and I managed to bring the spring over the swim ladder platform and onto the deck but was completely shocked when the seal came right up with his head to try and grab it off the back deck ... I imediately yelled like a girl and then decided to wack it in the head with my tip fishing rod and I got him good ....and it quickly swan away.. was left with only half a body which was used as crab bait ... never felt such anger it was me verse the seal and in the end no winner ...very frustrating battle those water dogs ... takes away from good fishing time and fishing gear and fish

Well, ended the day with only one fish landed ... a little chinook off North Arm at 50 feet and only about a foot long. So no keepers and no other bites. Decent amount of fish on the screen though What a difference a few days can make. Will try again tomorrow.

Its probably going to be slim pickings up but you should give it a shot. How big a boat do you have with you? Within range easily is bjerre shoal, epsom, upwood and the pilings. My buddy is in secret cove and said its been quiet. You may want to have a look off the western most of the trail islands too.
Boats an 18’ Bridgeview, shes girthy though:p. Just ran up from Van with the gal. No idea where upwood or pilings are however.

Boats an 18’ Bridgeview, shes girthy though:p. Just ran up from Van with the gal. No idea where upwood or pilings are however.

If I recall correctly, I think Upwoods is the southern tip of Texada and Pilings is near where the overhead power lines are on the easter side of Texada. I would defer to locals on the exact locations for these though.

I was in the area last weekend. Screen was almost blank. Hope you have better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back