2019 Ucluelet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are absolutely correct, area 123 has an 80 Cm slot limit, that's why we released the larger fish keeping only the smaller springs. The current regulations do allow for 2 a day / 4 in possession. With all the closures and regulation changes happening I have made it a point to review the regulations every morning before heading out to make sure we are up to date. Area 123 Reg.gif

Area 123 seaward of the WCVI boundary line:

Chinook: min size 45cm, max size 80 cm; 2/day, 4 possession, 10 annual limit.

Perfectly legal, sounds like great action fishchaser!!

Cheers!

Ukee

I honestly don't see why people here have issues with all the way the fish stocks are being managed, there is no perfect answer for everyone. Anything to help ensure the health and return numbers for years to come are a good thing. Without these and possible other measures being taken the stocks will end up like Washington where on a good year you get 4 to 5 days for Halibut only and no fishing seasons period.

My best day of fishing includes coming back to the dock with sore and tired arms and no fish to clean. Better to be able to catch and release than to have no fish to release.

Thanks for the clarification!
And by no means was I calling you out, I really didn't know and have been worried about breaking the regs, on accident.

The tuna are still hundreds of miles off WA ports. It seems like it is lining up to be a very late season despite decent temps and water color closer in.

Bit a derail here boys but was trying out the new anchor system today and the bouy I have is insufficient to hold up my set up. Will be up in Ukee in about 3 weeks and hoping not to have to take the time to stop anyplace on the trip up. I’m sure Pioneer Boat Works stocks a good amount of the Scotsman bouys but those in the know could you confirm this for me or will I have to stop in Nanaimo at maybe Harbour Chandler on my way through

Thx.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see why people here have issues with all the way the fish stocks are being managed, there is no perfect answer for everyone. Anything to help ensure the health and return numbers for years to come are a good thing. Without these and possible other measures being taken the stocks will end up like Washington where on a good year you get 4 to 5 days for Halibut only and no fishing seasons period.

My best day of fishing includes coming back to the dock with sore and tired arms and no fish to clean. Better to be able to catch and release than to have no fish to release.

Wow.........

Bit a derail here boys but was trying out the new anchor system today and the bouy I have is insufficient to hold up my set up. Will be up in Ukee in about 3 weeks and hoping not to have to take the time to stop anyplace on the trip up. I’m sure Pioneer Boat Works stocks a good amount of the Scotsman bouys but those in the know could you confirm this for me or will I have to stop in Nanaimo at maybe Harbour Chandler on my way through

Thx.
You could hit pacific net and twine in coombs, right on the way there

We took it easy today and did the sightseeing thing chartering an airplane in Tofino that took us over the mountains and out over the ocean, well worth it if you haven't done this. After returning from Tofino we decided to try the evening bite at little beach where we were rewarded with 2 nice Springs. We reached our possession limit on Springs, Lings and Halibut so we are making a trip home to drop them off and restock on supplies. Hopefully be back for the weekend.

Slide31.JPG
canada 049.jpg

I’m sure Pioneer Boat Works stocks a good amount of the Scotsman bouys but those in the know could you confirm this for me or will I have to stop in Nanaimo at maybe Harbour Chandler on my way through

Thx.

Yes Pioneer has lots of stock. Got my setup there last year. Best to give them a call to make sure they have the size you want. Another option might be Cap n Hook.

Last edited:
"We reached our possession limit on Springs, Lings and Halibut so we are making a trip home to drop them off and restock on supplies. Hopefully be back for the weekend."
Thanks for the reports and for following the rules.

Just back from 4 days in Ukee. Fishing was pretty good spent most time halibut fishing on lighthouse bank and ended up with our limits of nice Hali’s all Over 120 and less then 126. Had to release two bigger ones. Also spent lots of time trolling at Flo and Wya. Mixed results really seemed to slow down for salmon along the beach. Got some nice springs to 25 most days but had to work for them. All bellies full of small herring no squid. Mainly using coho killers and skinny gs. Last couple of days offshore was really flat and that’s why we targeted halibuts.

We generally try to stay mid July thru mid August however this year we had to come out a little earlier. We make a couple trips back home to drop off our possession limits so we can continue to fish and restock on supplies. We generally have a new group of family and or friends join us each week however this year we only had a single group join us. My wife, daughter and myself have caught our annually limits on Kings and Halibut and have a nice supply of Coho for the smoker as well as Ling Cod so are heading back home early.

We did our part for the local economy, final totals (USD), see you next year.

Fuel: $9,753.27

Moorage: $1050.00

Meals and cocktails: $1,523.00

Tackle / Bait / Ice: $748.73

Long Beach produced these last night, 3.5 inch nickel / green Coyote spoons 60 inches behind hot spot Green Stryper flashers between 67 and 77 feet deep. +

canada 096.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back