2019 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out yesterday afternoon from 12:30 to 2:30 at the powder wharf.

Consistent action with 4 undersized to the boat - all at about 75ft deep right on the bottom.

Gear used:
7" Peetz Flasher with Left Coast's 3.25" Hammer in Dark Blue/Glow
Glow Herring Aide Flasher with TrapShack Skinny G

Pulled the pin as it got too windy to be effective.

Hello, hopefully someone can help me. I’m out of my normal fishing ground (Comox) I’m staying at my cousins in N.Saanich while I do my radiation treatments for the month. She has a 12yr old who loves fishing so I would like to find a place we can jig or cast. I was crabbing at the pier, not s good spot for fishing there. Any suggestions?

Hello, hopefully someone can help me. I’m out of my normal fishing ground (Comox) I’m staying at my cousins in N.Saanich while I do my radiation treatments for the month. She has a 12yr old who loves fishing so I would like to find a place we can jig or cast. I was crabbing at the pier, not s good spot for fishing there. Any suggestions?

Not to sure if you can still fish it from shore but you may want to have a look at Moses Point in Deep Cove. It's been over 20 years since I
fished there but there may still be access to it.

Reactions: NAD
Admittedly I don't know if there is shorefishing to be found in our area. If you're up for a sizable walk, you could possibly fish off the end of Island View Beach (Saanichton Spit). It drops off pretty quickly, so you're within casting of 60-80ft of water.

In my experience, it is way more productive fishing the shore of Elk Lake :)

Got out for a few hours which again was totally worth it!
Got my buddy into a 14 pounder and 2 hard shelled dungees.

Small anchovies got all the bites including lots of doggies. Another boat was getting some on spoons as well.

8FAC2439-0033-45C8-BD7F-384F2F9C0FA6.jpeg BF7F669F-6A8B-47F7-981D-16C185B777EF.png

Look at the Victoria reports for spots there that are open and producing now.

Pedder Bay has the fish runs. Wet your bait or hardware, u ll get a fish in no time. Pedder Bay marina has boat rentals if you re interested.

Out yesterday and picked up a 9lb hatchrey Coho off South Pender. A ton of pinks around burning through bait looking for a spring.

Yesterday around 2 pm we were running from the entrance of Bedwell over to Fairfax, about halfway, all of a sudden pinks were jumping in groups of 4 or 5 out of the water. There had to be something under there forcing them up and there had to be a big school of them as well.

In previous years, I’ve always gone to Pender Bluffs for pinks. With it closed, is South Pender the next best spot? Or are they pretty easy to find all through the area, off Hamley Pt. or Fairfax, for example?

James Island

A way to find the areas is with the search on the app. Is this it?

IMG_4137.jpg

I find the search on navionics doesn't work worth a damn. That is not the right James Island at all obviously!

A buddy of mine is heading out of maple bay in a 28’ alum and looking for tips on open areas that are good this time of year. I’ve given him the rundown on areas that are open that i know if which is really just tent, porlier and coal. Any other suggestions? I have looked back at the past few years of reports and the closure details I’m soft on as I am out of Vancouver. Outside of knowing you guys have been screwed royally I’m light on details

Hamley, Sidney spit and powder wharf can all produce. If he does fish coal, he has to be careful where he goes as the closure runs right through the tac there. Mind you the last couple of times I have fished there, numerous boats were way over the line in the no go zone :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back