Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it has been an epic first ever Fraser Sockeye Salmon fishery for me and first time ever venturing out on local waters. I loved it! Was fun getting out with my wife @melaniekoperski, my kids Caleah and Sierra, Father, brother Tyson, uncle @kj.0.0.7 Johnny and Dr McCormack and his wife Lynn. I hope my reports helped some new guys out like myself. Our last day our was Friday. After a week of early mornings we slept in and got out after 9am. Headed out to deeper water 400 to 600 feet. 26 inch leader pink squirt. Lots of small schools and picked up four nice sockeye and lost a couple. Then the crazy winds blew up and we headed for the south arm of the fraser before it got too ugly. once again blue flashers caught all the fish, nothing on green or red. All fish caught at 100 to 120 feet deep. If it wasn't windy today I may have headed out. Maybe I'll try the river this evening for a last ditch effort and first time for it too. I guess we'll be back out in another four years! IMG_20180902_123753_688.jpg

Trump comments in a fishing reports thread. We’ve hit an all time low here.

Yup another beauty post by FM ....... Don't forget though, he knows all. Any one else's opinion on why we are where we are is dirt.
Heck, the hypocrite just last week said post away them limits of Sox pics...... But don't show a Biggin Spring. Orcas don't eat the rare Sockeye. They only eat Springs.
No wonder he gets into it with so many.

Glad We have our share of Sox, Smilies and hatch Hoes, and won't be Fishin any more this season. Its time to park da boat and go hunting.

Tight lines to those that are still out. Don't forget, them biggin Whites will arrive any time now. Chovies in the mud off Cap mouth, chovies, Whole herring, green and white Hootchys off the North and south arms.
Good luck out there.

Yup another beauty post by FM ....... Don't forget though, he knows all. Any one else's opinion on why we are where we are is dirt.
Heck, the hypocrite just last week said post away them limits of Sox pics...... But don't show a Biggin Spring. Orcas don't eat the rare Sockeye. They only eat Springs.
No wonder he gets into it with so many.

Glad We have our share of Sox, Smilies and hatch Hoes, and won't be Fishin any more this season. Its time to park da boat and go hunting.

Tight lines to those that are still out. Don't forget, them biggin Whites will arrive any time now. Chovies in the mud off Cap mouth, chovies, Whole herring, green and white Hootchys off the North and south arms.
Good luck out there.

Yep..I said that alright....post away all those Sox pics. More than enough for anyone.

Because 95% of a SRKW's diet is Chinook Salmon from May -Sept. Guess that's fake news eh High Tide?
All those individuals at UBC, UofW, UDFW, DFO and the Vancouver Aquarium are a bunch of wanks….that's what you believe...and I'll believe what I believe.

However SRKW's have been having a ball the last few days because they're eating something else other than Chinook for a few days.... so you're going to say Chinook aren't a problem...that's good logic....

It's also a 4 year cycle.... nice try at selective fact usage.

It used to be everyone griped about the Commercial Fishermen...they were the problem......now it's the Aboriginals...the Aboriginals are the problem and by your words every Aboriginal is out there to screw everyone. Racist much?

You're short on solutions and long on rhetoric.

You catch a few Sox and a couple of Chinook and all is right with your world and everyone else's life work is wrong?

Guess what...we can get rid of fish farms (part of the problem)...and we can restrict the Native Fisheries (we already do)...and we can limit commercial Chinook fisheries even more (not that that is the problem)… so WHAT exactly then is the problem? By your words Sportfishermen aren't the problem.... so...what is exactly the problem? Are you saying there is no problem?

There were 22900 Sox taken by sport fishers on the river the last 2 days ..and 490 Chinook....but hey...we're not the problem.... geez....let me rethink that.

In the salt there were 2000 Sox by Sport and 67 Chinook taken in the Fraser Banana in the last 2 days...of which probably 22 were misidentified WILD Coho by Sport Anglers.

There's some food for thought...but hey....it's all good eh?

I guess you like the daily limit of 1 Chinook...which easily could have been zero......but it doesn't matter to you...but you're going hunting and screw everyone else who likes to fish for something other than Sox...after September 7.

Just caught these guys poaching my traps at sandheads off the lighthouse

So if you have no crabs ask these guys on this boat
Photos to come when I can upload!!!

maybe time to start a new vancouver thread without the knowitall wishin magician, jmho. had enough of his talking down to everyone on this thread. get off your high horse you horses butt.

back to reports, was slower at n arm yesterday am didn't see one net out when I cruised thru the fleet out in 500' or so, started in closer for about an hour without much luck then headed down to t 10 where we got our fish and saw a fair number caught..

Text it to yourself and re-save it.

Went 5 for 10 at sand heads, between 11am and 2pm. All we're at 110ft to 130ft, on a variety of green flashers and pink hoochies.

We also caught these gentlemen "accidentally" pulling out crab trap and purposely taking all the crabs. Caught them in the act, they said it was a "mistake". Gave them the what for and the they were so nice to give our crabs back.Screenshot_20180902-161001.png

This thread is quite informative for the tips & reports, and also highly entertaining at times. But yeah, fishin magician you are one very angry character. You do make some good point but man o man, you even still bitter against a guy that died cause he lipped you? Next level bitterness. Just get out there and enjoy this beautiful land and sea we have here, and enjoy the fishery while we have it. Life is good man, don’t waste it all on being so mad all the time

Thanks again to all for the tips and reports. Haven’t done the best but I’ve had some Sox in the box so can’t complain, right?....

Went 5 for 10 at sand heads, between 11am and 2pm. All we're at 110ft to 130ft, on a variety of green flashers and pink hoochies.

We also caught these gentlemen "accidentally" pulling out crab trap and purposely taking all the crabs. Caught them in the act, they said it was a "mistake". Gave them the what for and the they were so nice to give our crabs back.View attachment 40014
I see 3 dickheads in a boat. Yep, definitely dickheads.

Sorry for the derail on this thread but.

FM ...... Wow ...... All i can say is .......

Your a real piece of work............ How you read all that into my post is welll.... ..... Very wierd. Any way.

No sence wasting any time with you ...... Being the hypocrite you are.

Last edited:
I cant stand guys that poach peoples traps. Can anything be done, their boat number is there ?????

Is that the same boat you saw Aussie ?

Nice day at sandheads but going solo did me in. 7 to the boat and all lost just as I dip the net. Found a school and just did wide turns . All at 65 lost 3 to 15 lb fulorcarbon leader breaking. What

Save the pic. Call ORR. They will want the pic. That may be an illegal charter as well.

Sorry for the derail on this thread but.

FM ...... Wow ...... All i can say is .......

Your a real piece of work............ How you read all that into my pist is welll.... ..... Very wierd. Any way.

No sence wasting any time with you ...... Being the hypocrite you are.
Haha never thought I would see the day that someone thought the 5% allocation of sockeye sports fishermen get is to0 much.

5 sockeye yesterday at sandheads, 80
To 140 feet on the rigger. 300 to 500 feet of water, green twisted sister flashers

LOL....I just finished telling you GO GET Sockeye..... what you should have take from that is....sportfishers DO impact the stocks...sockeye included. Sockeye fishery participation is up a lot.... a LOT.

This thread is quite informative for the tips & reports, and also highly entertaining at times. But yeah, fishin magician you are one very angry character. You do make some good point but man o man, you even still bitter against a guy that died cause he lipped you? Next level bitterness. Just get out there and enjoy this beautiful land and sea we have here, and enjoy the fishery while we have it. Life is good man, don’t waste it all on being so mad all the time

Thanks again to all for the tips and reports. Haven’t done the best but I’ve had some Sox in the box so can’t complain, right?....

Nothing bitter about it at all. Nothing angry about it at all. The reality is, in ignorance, unintended consequences get real very quickly.

If you can’t see that the reality is that we’re not unimpactful to the resource, then we’re going to be faced with more restrictions...and more and more. Sport fishermen need to stop saying “ don’t look at me look at them” and point fingers and stop playing the race card when it comes to Chinook.

Have you ever thought of it this way.... DFO has complex algorithms which determine stock impacts. Creel Surveyors are just part of the equation. Now if everyone keeps posting more pics of large Fraser Chinook, your’re effectually arming DFO with more data (increased sample size) which can be used against you by reducing the margin of error in given formula. Personally, I don’t want another sub area created by which DFO can use to manage and further restrict my fishing opportunities when in fact there is more they should be doing to manage the resource...such as putting more boots on the ground to ensure the integrity of non sport fisheries. There should probably be more boots on the ground checking us too...because I see the guys running up the river to a drop off point, handing off the catch and the same guys running down the river again to run out.

I recommend against giving other interest groups more information than they already have so that politics don’t play more of a role in inequalities which already exist in enforcement, fishery observation and resource allocation among all user groups. Sport groups are giving information to Fisheries for free and it’s being used against us......yet FN give data based on an honour system and get the same opportunities if not more. It’s not equal. It won’t ever be in our lifetimes, but we sure can worth within it more intelligently than we have. Don’t think for a second that certain individuals don’t create reports off the internet and file them to some bureaucrat in a glass office somewhere.
Creel Surveyors are taking samples off sport caught Sockeye...interesting...why don’t they take samples from FN caught sockeye? Would be nice to see if they just netted 10,000 early Stuart Sox I think....

Get ready for more restrictions than we already have and be prepared that you won’t like any of them. I already don’t like the reduction to 1 Chinook myself. I’m already not looking forward to next year...and that doesn’t mean I am not having fun this year.

Last edited:
LOL....I just finished telling you GO GET Sockeye..... what you should have take from that is....sportfishers DO impact the stocks...sockeye included. Sockeye fishery participation is up a lot.... a LOT.

Nothing bitter about it at all. Nothing angry about it at all. The reality is, in ignorance, unintended consequences get real very quickly.

If you can’t see that the reality is that we’re not unimpactful to the resource, then we’re going to be faced with more restrictions...and more and more. Sport fishermen need to stop saying “ don’t look at me look at them” and point fingers and stop playing the race card when it comes to Chinook.

Have you ever thought of it this way.... DFO has complex algorithms which determine stock impacts. Creel Surveyors are just part of the equation. Now if everyone keeps posting more pics of large Fraser Chinook, your’re effectually arming DFO with more data (increased sample size) which can be used against you by reducing the margin of error in given formula. Personally, I don’t want another sub area created by which DFO can use to manage and further restrict my fishing opportunities when in fact there is more they should be doing to manage the resource...such as putting more boots on the ground to ensure the integrity of the fishery.

I recommend against giving other interest groups more information than they already have so that politics don’t play more of a role in inequalities which already exist in enforcement, fishery observation and resource allocation among all user groups. It’s not equal. It won’t ever be in our lifetimes, but we sure can worth within it more intelligently than we have.
Ok enough please! Too much negative energy and sanctimonious need to be right and have th last word.

What are people’s thoughts about the next few weeks of fishing? Please no political rants about the fisheries or anyone- just predictions!

We also caught these gentlemen "accidentally" pulling out crab trap and purposely taking all the crabs. Caught them in the act, they said it was a "mistake". Gave them the what for and the they were so nice to give our crabs back.View attachment 40014
Fricken hate poachers:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back