Status
Not open for further replies.
the banana isn't my favorite area to fish. It's too shallow and you often get tangled with debris and submerged crap. There are better parts of area 29 to fish IMHO.

It’s not so much the banana that’s the problem but 29-6 got lumped into it.
29-6 was easily fished with car toppers launching from the ferry causeway, it’s a very productive area for small boats.
I caught a 36 lber in a 12ft aluminum, in tight almost trading paint with the coal ship on the end berth.

North America’s busiest coal port, Roberts bank “Superport” and BC Ferries, but we can’t fish there because fishing boats are disturbing the whales

Last edited:
We fished yesterday 7 to 3. Spent an hour at the cap away from the pack (tongue in cheek, impossible) one quick coho hit . Pulled up and ran out to t10 to sandheads. Push from the river was insane and I don't know how anyone was able to troll evenly without using main power. Sockeye all over the place but no keeper springs for us . Marked a ton of bait by t10 and missed one at the boat around 230 pm. Didn't try for sockeye and we probably sent back six shakers back for next year(s). Primarily fished 90 to 110, all chovi's with lemons limes.

I was amazed that there was not one boat around t10 in the afternoon and it was near perfect seas and weather conditions,. My buddy convinced me quite easily that it's not time to put the boat away quite yet so this week we'll be back out for more. If seas are smooth I think I'm going to give it a shot around Bowen / crc. What an amazing season it has been, and this site has been a huge help. Cheers to all!
Sandheads to north arm will produce springs and coho for a while longer. Two years ago my last fish of the season was a 19lb spring off the north arm jetty october 7th and my fishing partner was getting them the week after that.

we got checked by RCMP earlier this year while fishing in south Bowen. He checked our gear for barbless hooks and also looked at my license for 1 chinook that we had in the box. To my surprise, the officer had no interest to see our boat license, PCOC or safety gear!

the banana isn't my favorite area to fish. It's too shallow and you often get tangled with debris and submerged crap. There are better parts of area 29 to fish IMHO.
They really weren't concerned with your fish or your gear, they just wanted to stall a bit to check out your eyes breath and what might be seen in the boat to give them JUST CAUSE to search for contraband .. Don't be fooled lol

I was out by Ambelside today walking around from 230pm to 4pm and saw about 20-25 boats near the Cap mouth. Didn't see any much fish activity. Saw the Port Authority policing the shipping lane. Lots of boats hanging out marker for some reason, seems to be a boat magnet .

I was out by Ambelside today walking around from 230pm to 4pm and saw about 20-25 boats near the Cap mouth. Didn't see any much fish activity. Saw the Port Authority policing the shipping lane. Lots of boats hanging out marker for some reason, seems to be a boat magnet .
Think the fireman's derby is still going on...

Fished between the North Arm and Sandheads yesterday for a short while (around 8:30 - 12:00). Caught 3 little shakers but no keepers. Was a beautiful day on the water. On the way home I came through some sockeye jumping so I dropped my lines but didn't get any socks. That's it for me until next year unfortunately.

Bunch a boats at ambleside, anyone having luck?
I was there. Fished from 9-11. Current was crazy. Nobody could keep the boats near the mouth. Even in neautral, my downrigger lines were at 45 degrees. Everybody moved towards the middle down near the pink building. I didn't see any nets taken out. No bites for me

Salmon Fishing the Straight of Georgia was a totally new experience for me this year as I haven't been around this area that long. The sockeye run is what really got me out there and keeps drawing me back out. It is a lot of fun to watch hundreds of fish jumping and huge schools on your sonar. Better yet they are fairly cooperative and it is quite common to catch your limit and they taste great. In this video I explain a few more things I do out on the water. Also I land all the fish with the Sockeye Flop this time around and no net. Sure I lose a few again, but end up with a limit. Got some cool underwater attack shots as well wit the gopro on the rigger. Plus some combat fishing with the Purse Seine net boats out there edging me off the schools so they could scoop up thousands of sockeye. It's crazy out there. Let me know what you think, thanks!

That was entertaining.

Don't know about 4 for 4 though lol. Also you should try and find a new R word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back