2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Was out 7-11 with a number of boats off breakwater and Mcaulay. Was a beauty day for boating, fishing not so good but a couple hard dungees made it all worthwhile. Seems the fish and bait are there but have lock jaw or my rookie skills are lacking still. I'm not giving up;-)

Tried for some Hali today in amongst the other boats out there, nothing for us. Stopped in Pedder on the way back to see if I could pick up a quick salmon ,no strikes, I will give it another go again tomorrow for salmon. Probably run down the Sooke way to try my luck down there. I am so overdue for a Chinook..it's driving me crazy.

Hi I am brand new to this forum but not new to Oak Bay having fished there for almost 50 years and learned from my father in law who started fishing there in the depression.
I have just been out a few times since getting a ,new to me ,old Arima sofar just one 8# spring near Brodie rock. I used to fish from brown shack to the light house at trial but I guess some of that is in the Rock fish protection area.
I haven't seen any one fishing the point near the light house does any one fish there?
I look forward to getting to know you all in the forum, on the water and at Cattle point.
Tight lines
Tom
Habberdasher was my handle in the days of CB radio

We put in a about 3 hours along the waterfront and a couple at Oak Bay. Saw one fish caught on the waterfront and picked up a barely legal that we released on the flats. Didn't see much activity with regards to fish being caught in either spot. Was great to get out in some decent weather after cancelling a couple previous outings due to the wind!

Back