2015 Tuna Adventures

A post this morning from further north....Greg is an old friend from Vancouver who bought The Outpost a few years ago. 64F in Winter Harbour and tooners 5 miles out. :eek:

https://mobile.twitter.com/OutpostWH/status/621815400616042499

5 miles. that must be nice. You could go fish them in rough weather. Im a bit sad that I likely missed that first wave of tuna. I will go out on the first chance I get but theres no telling when that will be. Theres some great water out there now. Dang July weather!

Tuna out of Bamfield this upcoming weekend

Looking to make a trip this Friday Saturday or Sunday. Weather forecast is looking not too bad at this point. I've got a good crew and capable boat. Been at for two years and know a little bit about putting them in the boat. Looking for buddy boats that can do the run. Hoping to run out of Bamfield ... Be there on Thursday night or Friday night.

Ok. That star just a touch over to the right, ok now the other star just hold it there, ok now the ones in the back just come together a smidgin more. PERFECT!

We have elignment! For a glorified pelagic birdwatching and wildlife adventure at the very least.

Ok. That star just a touch over to the right, ok now the other star just hold it there, ok now the ones in the back just come together a smidgin more. PERFECT!

We have elignment! For a glorified pelagic birdwatching and wildlife adventure at the very least.

It looks like Fri and Sat should be good. Sunday afternoon may be a bit more challenging. I plan on hali fishing Sat but in the rare event, I get mine quickly, we might wander out a bit farther. The notch between JDF and Nitinat canyon (closer to Nitinat) is looking good on terrafin.

Looking to make a trip this Friday Saturday or Sunday. Weather forecast is looking not too bad at this point. I've got a good crew and capable boat. Been at for two years and know a little bit about putting them in the boat. Looking for buddy boats that can do the run. Hoping to run out of Bamfield ... Be there on Thursday night or Friday night.

wave at me when u go bye me at Rats nose... I'll be the one wishing I was going farther out chasing long fins...:)

I think a couple of boats out of Tofino are making the run tomorrow

Well it looks like the tuna finally made it waaaayy north, this just in from my brother at the west coast fishing club @ the outpost. The tuna are only a handful of miles from the west side of the Gwaii.....

DSC_1134-2.jpg

Nicely done :cool:. Thanks for sharing the pic Mike.

Winter Harbor looks stellar right now as well and really close in.

Good luck to the Tuffcity crew today :).

Good day off Tofino. Everyone got'em. On boat got adouble header yellow tails both about 20 lbs. all average size fish. Still running in now then more work.

Good day off Tofino. Everyone got'em. On boat got adouble header yellow tails both about 20 lbs. all average size fish. Still running in now then more work.

Right on!!! Can't wait to hear the details. Post pic's of the yellow tails if you have any please :). Congrats guy's :cool:.

I can't stand it anymore. Between work and my son's boat (fun work lol) I just haven't been able to get out there. Looking at Buoyweather, there is a good possibility I will play hooky on Tuesday. Time will tell after the weekend. Looks like a Southwest push is coming and hopefully that will get the good water in closer again.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the boats got 30 and gave me the numbers where they were but he was too exhausted to give any more details last night

Back