2014 Logger's Derby

Hmmm all this damn snow has me thinking about buying a heater for next weekend.Last time I looked at the long range forecast they had snow predicted for next Saturday too

It was a little cool out there first thing this morning, but the snow soon turned to rain. Wasn't to bad until the SE came up around noon. Wind made it kind of cool and it was a wet day.
Did you get out fishing today? I'm still waiting for the guy to show up with my new roof,side windows and drop curtain. Otherwise my boat will be out there naked lol

A little snow won't hurt ya...bring along a supply of fireball. If she's too bad we got lots of dry firewood for the wood stove in the cabin. That way we can fish in shifts.

your gonna need a little more than fireball ta get through what we just went through last night ,

hope this weather blows out for ya allz for the derby , over 16 inches in the hills last night , whiteout in areas ,
freezing rain in areas ,,,,was like a video game.. 4x4 and or chains a MUST right now...
into a ditch , pulled out by a guy that frequents this site , new who i was lol,,,
cant thank him enough , was a white knuckler for sure , no damage other than slightly soiled shorts...
worst ive ever seen ...new respect for winter conditions.....
take your time , should be all gone in a few days..

fd

You people better get yer tickets. You will want to be able to get yer hands on some of theses prizes.
Looks like pretty nice weather comin up.. I don't think there will be a food vender this year.
The Nook sells chocolate bars, chips, pop, water, juice, ketchup & a few other essentials.
We just stocked up on fishing gear also.
See ya all soon.
Jon & Leanna

You people better get yer tickets. You will want to be able to get yer hands on some of theses prizes.
Looks like pretty nice weather comin up.. I don't think there will be a food vender this year.
The Nook sells chocolate bars, chips, pop, water, juice, ketchup & a few other essentials.
We just stocked up on fishing gear also.
See ya all soon.
Jon & Leanna

fuel available at the nook?

I don't think we have to worry about fuel this weekend with the fireball chili Al is cooking up for us. Jet. Propulsion! Nice forecast to boot along with some good tides.

I don't think we have to worry about fuel this weekend with the fireball chili Al is cooking up for us. Jet. Propulsion! Nice forecast to boot along with some good tides.

Yup Al does a good moose chili.... Still not sure what the fuel burn is with the new power as I'm testing a couple different props this weekend...

We will be fishing with a stock Lowrance transducer this weekend. Tried to get the new sonar set up installed in time but no go :(. I can't get the transducer mount made and installed in time. Too busy at work.

Gunna have to go with my sh*t house luck Jeff lol!

On the plus side the tunes will be great with the upgrades installed today and finished tomorrow by a pro :). 1600 Watt amp........6 new speakers.......kick azz:cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't be hard to find ya. Lol.

I'm not a loud music guy Pat. The whole set up is more for quality not noise:cool:.

At least with the new sonar set up not installed the guys in the back corner won't fry their nuts :p. No doing drive by's and just netting fish on the back tack lol :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back