2014 Logger's Derby

Well we didn't find mr big but we did get a handfull of 5-6 lbers. Drank way too much on sat and puked my guts out later on that night, another typical winter derby LOL.

Sculpin's ride
IMG_1477_zps45ea3357.jpg

leaving the nook
IMG_1488_zpse8c60efd.jpg

heading home
IMG_1489_zpsbc0f08ab.jpg

Wow nice pics looks like a good time, there are a lot of boats at the nook pretty good turn out by the looks of things! Was it a forum member that won?

We also had a great weekend ,and saw some very nice boats. Where was the winning fish caught? we fished up by Vernon Bay and Pill, but a 7lber was our max. That made it to the dinner table.along with a bunch of prawns. Were all the top fish caught in the same area? And does anyone know what they were using? Just curious!! Finally had a chance to look over the Sculpin. Very nicely outfitted, a serious fishing machine. We will be back next year!!!

The winner told us he was in Vernon Bay when he caught his 16lb. 3oz. spring. I'm pretty sure he was using anchovies because he bought 2 more packs
from the store.

Good times. I had no idea it was that nice out on Saturday. :eek:I'm not sure what happened to us on Friday night, but the crack of noon came along too fast for our crew. If you guys hadn't shot some pics we wouldn't have known it was so nice out. Thanks for stopping by there Skulpin. Great meeting your crew. Fortunately you guys weren't around later to witness shooter wars. Oh ya, we caught some small chinooks and a mother load of prawns that kept us out of the dog house

Good times. I had no idea it was that nice out on Saturday. :eek:I'm not sure what happened to us on Friday night, but the crack of noon came along too fast for our crew. If you guys hadn't shot some pics we wouldn't have known it was so nice out. Thanks for stopping by there Skulpin. Great meeting your crew. Fortunately you guys weren't around later to witness shooter wars. Oh ya, we caught some small chinooks and a mother load of prawns that kept us out of the dog house

It was really nice meeting you and your crew Pat. Nice hide away you have there for sure :cool:. Next time we will try to get up earlier so we can bs longer lol. What a great weekend. I had ton's of crap on my shoulders from the week at work and for some mysterious reason it all went away lol :D.

2nd year entering this derby and I love it. I will be there next year.

Thanks for the hospitality.

Cheers,
John

Ya it was fun, too bad you guys had to run off to Bami. Next time we have to do some better planning. We were talking about organizing some kind of Hali derby in April or May. That would keep us more focused on doing something other than salmon and plays to our natural strengths.....beer drinking on anchor.

Ya it was fun, too bad you guys had to run off to Bami. Next time we have to do some better planning. We were talking about organizing some kind of Hali derby in April or May. That would keep us more focused on doing something other than salmon and plays to our natural strengths.....beer drinking on anchor.

Ouch... Just barely lived thru shooter wars.... ;)

Well we didn't find mr big but we did get a handfull of 5-6 lbers. Drank way too much on sat and puked my guts out later on that night, another typical winter derby LOL.

Sculpin's ride
IMG_1477_zps45ea3357.jpg

leaving the nook
IMG_1488_zpse8c60efd.jpg

heading home
IMG_1489_zpsbc0f08ab.jpg

Wow the boat looks good Gary with the all black... I plan to go to the next one, and drive my boat up..Sounds like a good time, and good for port alberni community.

That pic would have been more impressive if those back hatch doors were open to show off all that amazing electrical work. That puppy is wired better than a space shuttle, very impressive

One more round of Jager bombs captain, then we'll crash for the night.......

No worries, we always have the "cure" on board to settle the stomach after a hard days night :cool:

Hey Sculpin..picked up your new ball today....IMG_4036[1].jpg but I think we should do a trial run with it, you know.. to make sure it runs true and what not..:p

Jeff, John, if your needing another opinion to make sure the cannon ball is tracking straight, I volunteer myself...

Back