2014 Hunting Season

Ok soon enough!!!??? LOL
we were in the zone 6 open season.
went up early to prescout and definitely knew where NOT to go from this summers forest fires up there.Was great to get away and have some time to unwind been a bit of a stressful year...
This isnt my largest rack ive ever gotten but by far the tallest and most largest brows/front of any moose ive ever seen in the areas we hunt im my eyes a true trophy. never seen a moose with 5 brow points and such long tines. he will be hanging in the shop soon enough.
Was a kinda mellow hunt I went up to where I saw moose earlier in the Am but came from other side of lake as the wind wasnt right from Am, was just putting up to where I wanted to stop on Quad and looked over to my right along timber line saw what looked like antlers ....YUP **** he stands up right behind a big root ball only shot I had was wait or a clear neck shot had a good rest shooting down hill 1 shot from my 7mm STW and that was it ... kinda was like WOW I got him but know one to high 5 or yell YAHOOO to .... he is a monster we already nicknamed him "MR CHEWY" as hes such a brute...

Attachments

• DSCN3773.jpg
    DSCN3773.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCN3774.jpg
    DSCN3774.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 516
  • DSCN3778.jpg
    DSCN3778.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 511
  • DSCN3779.jpg
    DSCN3779.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 513
  • DSCN3793.jpg
    DSCN3793.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 523
Last edited by a moderator:
more pictures of stuff we saw...and of course the good luck PAPA smurf had to come along .. he enjoyed himself a lot

Attachments

• DSCN3760.jpg
    DSCN3760.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 519
  • DSCN3763.jpg
    DSCN3763.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 521
  • DSCN3766.jpg
    DSCN3766.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCN3767.jpg
    DSCN3767.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 517
  • DSCN3770.jpg
    DSCN3770.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 513
  • DSCN3795.jpg
    DSCN3795.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 519
I saw the head today... You could beat someone with those brow tines...

The rest could be used as a paddle
emocafe.gif

Dont Worry slabby ill be making LOTS of sausage this year .... im sure you will want some of those spinach Italian ones again.....
Going to make some 4 inch salami this week already..... as we busted down the front shanks and neck while we were up there to reduce the weight and we got 180 lbs just from that alone...

Wolf

Dont Worry slabby ill be making LOTS of sausage this year .... im sure you will want some of those spinach Italian ones again.....
Going to make some 4 inch salami this week already..... as we busted down the front shanks and neck while we were up there to reduce the weight and we got 180 lbs just from that alone...

Wolf

I can hardly wait; broke out the last Italian veni patty & made tacos for some guests,,,rave reviews,his wife even tried some...:)

nice moose and great job my dad was up there when it opened it was very hot and lots of smoke they got one bull and seen another one got 90 grouse and he said they could had shot 200 more

Beauty Bull Roy! Congrats Buddy!!
That said, methinks "Mr. Chewy" is likely Bang On! LOL! Loads of good sausage there... :D

No luck for us on moose this year - FAR too damn hot when we went :(
No deer yet eaither. Usually I'd have several dozen days afield under my my belt at this time, but between severe bronchitis and a death in the family, I've only been out twice. Changing that up today, and intend to hunt as many days as possible for the foreseeable future...

Best of Luck to those still In The Game!

Cheers,
Nog

Hey Sammy, Derby has been outside the house for the last week in tattered jeans and jacket with outstretched arms thinking some moose meat is going to fall from the sky :)

I'm sure his bartercard still has some slots to fill...;)

Well i have to go again got invited to do a mule and whitey deer trip looks likes a good week for it......

on a side note that big bull i got after 14 days hanging without the shanks was 523 lbs so with shanks id say well over 600 hanging weight, a big animal...

Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 whitetail

6x5 whitetail outta Merritt, super big body.
Had to be 300 on the hoof.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 296
Back