Just putting it out there

Reelin In The Years

A friend and myself have LEH moose draws for a shared hunt North of PG. We are looking for a 4th hunter as we had a fellow drop out and we feel it is better to have 4 guys than 3. We have not chosen an exact time frame as to when we would leave or return, but are thinking some time from Sept. 10th to end of Sept.

A little info about ourselves: We are above 65, I guy is still working. So the trip sort of depends on his vacation availability. We live in Nanaimo. So you should live there or close to it also. We are all seasoned hunters, been hunting since teenage years. We are all in good condition, so no problem walking or packing meat as long as it's not to far. ha ha. We each have atv's. Does not matter if you do or don't. The roads we go on are in good shape for traveling in pickups.

I have a 14x16 wall tent with wood stove and a RV stove/oven for cooking. 12Volt lights that get hooked up to a vehicle for inside the tent. You will need a cot to sleep on and all personal equipment.

You will be expected to share in all the work and finances involved. You will receive an equal share of all the game that is harvested.

If you are interested. Please send me a PM and I will send you my phone # and we can talk.

Thanks for any interest.

Wow, I’ll say that’s a heck of an offer. I’d take you up on it if I didn’t have my own draw for an area north of PG. My son-in-law and I are going, he is in Nanaimo and I’m in Ladysmith. We have all the gear too, ATV’s, wall tent, dual axle trailer with walk in cooler. Good luck on your hunt.

I would jump on this offer if I didn’t already have plans to go with my usual group. Honestly though the current cost of travel, and expenses may have some thinking twice about getting off the island for hunting. Just like fishing it can’t be about the meat or your better off hitting the grocery store.

Most hunting groups are pretty tight. You either have to marry into or create one. It’s pretty rare there is ever a invitation to join one.

I am headed around Fort st James late Sept - early Oct.

BEST OF LUCK !! And post up some pics of you success

I would jump on this offer if I didn’t already have plans to go with my usual group. Honestly though the current cost of travel, and expenses may have some thinking twice about getting off the island for hunting. Just like fishing it can’t be about the meat or your better off hitting the grocery store.

Most hunting groups are pretty tight. You either have to marry into or create one. It’s pretty rare there is ever a invitation to join one.

I am headed around Fort st James late Sept - early Oct.

BEST OF LUCK !! And post up some pics of you success
Thanks for the reply. I know that most groups my age have been hunting together for quite a while. We had a good group, but some guys quit, others moved away and some just find it to expensive to go on trips. Oh well, when you get the coveted draws you must use them, cause you never know when your number will come up again.
Surprised that nobody is in the same boat with guys moving on from hunting though.

Any luck ?

We ended up with 2 immatures but the weather was much to warm and the moose where just not active at all during daylight.

Any luck ?

We ended up with 2 immatures but the weather was much to warm and the moose where just not active at all during daylight.
Got this guy. Had to let this one go as I was by myself and couldn't get a hold of my partner with the radio, who had the other draw. He was a lot bigger with decent antlers.

Attachments

• DSCF0051.JPG
    DSCF0051.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF0053.JPG
    DSCF0053.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 83
Back