?? 2013 verado electronic control question ??

Birdsnest

I have a brand new verado control that has does not lock in the neutral position. We are pretty sure it did when it was new but now it can be put into gear without pushing the button. I did take it into the dealer to be looked at but they said that was normal. Im having a hard time believing this for two reasons:
1. Why would there be a button on the control?
2. If the motor is idling in neutral and the throttle gets bumped, hit or pushed by mistake, into gear with some instantaneous RPM this is a big problem. Safety concern.

How are other owners of single verado's controls work? Do you have to use the button to put it into gear?

Thanks for any input.

Birdie

I would also post this on the Verado owners forum (verado club), on my old boat with the single verado I never had to use the button but never had an issue with accidental bumping over 7 years and didn't even notice it after a while.

I just checked my brand new console mount DTS control and I need to push the button to move it into gear.Wonder if there is an adjustment. Have you tried looking at the veradoclub.com ?

Just looking at v-rod club now. There is a friction adjustment on the control.

Back