2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl....."off Bowyer Island" can mean a LOT of things and by no means gurantees he was fishing illegally. It's like saying "I was trolling OFF Porteau Cove"; doesn't mean I was fishing IN the closed area.
Yes Scott I know that.

I just think Nick was being irresponsible even mentioning Bowyer in the same report without specifically mentioning the closed area-his little joke has had the desired effect but generated more heat than he might have thought.

Hundreds & hundreds of people read this thread and at least one is going to be headed to Bowyer closed area or not.

bump for the 2013 thread...

I'm expecting some good reports to be coming soon...anyone making a weekend push? Weather looks fishy...

I'm just pushing to get the boat in the water for the weekend,
Hope to get some blood on her decks

Hoping to put mine in as well...fish local, this weekend
then across to Thrasher the next....

Sunday looks good, not sure if I'll go to he hump for tuna and halibut but more than likely just go crabbing.

Boats into driveway but I'm only half done prepping it and its been here a month. I need to replace one pulley and detail it. I don't think ill even get out for crabs until June =( way to busy. Such is live.

Have fun guys

Sunday looks good, not sure if I'll go to he hump for tuna and halibut but more than likely just go crabbing.

Pretty sure it will be a few weeks before halibut show up at the hump. Tuna are pretty thick out there right now, kind of a nuisance ;)

Thrasher looks like a good option after this weekend. All reports welcome! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you anchor CZ? Hope to hear you found lots of fish!

No we pull along side as they are jumping and harpoon them. Forgot to take pics as its so common I didn't think anyone cared. :p

Here's one from a couple of years ago taken at the T-10 caught on a hootchie while fishing sox, a bit of a nuisance fish really.

Taylor20Tuna20Cuttuna_zps534a1682.jpg

Where do you anchor CZ? Hope to hear you found lots of fish!

usually Belcarra bay or bedwell bay, depending on the wind direction...often if I have enough time will run to Bowen and tie up at the public dock, or anchor in plumper cove (keats island)...shortens the run in the morning... I love waking up on the fishing grounds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back