2013 Tuna adventures

I fished clear green water yesterday with 9 or so other boats at CC and it was scratchy but still fun.

Sounds crowded for a weekday :plol. Yup, it's always fun out there :). Heard of a couple more cherries popped yesterday. Congrats guys.

I wonder how the Southern canyons have been doing? Anyone go out of Bamfield yesterday?

Sounds crowded for a weekday :plol. Yup, it's always fun out there :). Heard of a couple more cherries popped yesterday. Congrats guys.

I wonder how the Southern canyons have been doing? Anyone go out of Bamfield yesterday?

LP and I got Popped yesterday it was a cool experience to say the least. Thanks Chris for inviting us out and giving us a great experience one Ive wanted to try for awhile. I will post pics when I get home later.

Anyone look at the front page articles on the black and red site lately.........:rolleyes::p:D.

I guess they just randomly pick reports to throw up on the front page. Took me by suprise lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't heard much from Barkley south so not sure where a guy should try first

Got a report earlier today that Nitnat was hot yesterday. Guide out of Bamtown has been running out every couple days and loading up. You may want to talk to Bish.

I believe a commercial troller had a 400 fish day yesterday... :) just forgot to ask what area... I"ll ask tomorrow and let you know...

I believe a commercial troller had a 400 fish day yesterday... :) just forgot to ask what area... I"ll ask tomorrow and let you know...

Give him some free stuff and get the co-ord's while your at it ;):). I'll be waiting for the PM.........lol:D.

Give him some free stuff and get the co-ord's while your at it ;):). I'll be waiting for the PM.........lol:D.

Pretty wild number.....I'll let you know....heard the boys out of toffino are still hard at her also..Mikes out tomorrow morning again.. :)

Pretty wild number.....I'll let you know....heard the boys out of toffino are still hard at her also..Mikes out tomorrow morning again.. :)

Right on!!! I think Tofino is becoming the tuna capital of BC. Just sayin':cool:.

I wonder what the average frequency of BFT mixed in with albacore is. I know of about 5 or 6 that have been caught this year in WA and OR. I'm guessing the frequency is 1 in a few 100 to 1 in a few 1000. One of the reason why I'm going out again tomorrow is the off-chance hope that I can catch something like a BFT or a mahi-mahi. I can always dream.

looks like a good day out there

It was a great day we know it wasn't huge #s but it seemed that way for everyone there that day. We kept hitting random little patches of fish but when we did we always hooked up. I even saw the colours in the water before we hooked up it was neat. I must say I can't wait to do it again I now know why u guys do it! I now have that itch!

I must say I can't wait to do it again I now know why u guys do it! I now have that itch!

Your ruined now Duffer!

You'll be even more ruined once you try fishing them on live bait.......holy moly!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Back