2009-Barkley-Bamfield-Poett Nook Fish Reports

You won't recognize Ian's Alloy boat, the Lassie turned out very nice....the only thing missing is the stabilizers.:D Give em hell. I'll see you guys on the long weekend when my boat is done at Breakers, I'm over to the mainland for the KingFisher's 50th anniversary banquet this weekend. Beers all around and lots of old buddies and fishing lies. [:p]

Jeff , - I'm not up to date on abbreviations , forum slang etc .. Found this definition list for " IFL " was howling , pretty funny ,Acronym Definition
IFL International Fight League (mixed martial arts)
IFL Implementation and Application of Functional Languages (Symposium)
IFL Integrated Facility for Linux (IBM)
IFL Indoor Football League
IFL Intense Football League
IFL I'm Feeling Lucky (Google)
IFL Interfacility Link (satellites)
IFL Integrated Facilities for Linux
IFL International Frequency List
IFL International Friendship League
IFL Institute for Leaders
IFL Irish Football League
IFL I Found Love
IFL leukocyte interferon
IFL Internet Football League
IFL Infra-Free Life
IFL Institute for Financial Literacy, Inc.
IFL In Fake Life
IFL Islamic Foundation of Lincoln
IFL Intermediate Flight Level
IFL In-Flight Lock (safety device on a missile launcher)
IFL Interferon Leukocyte
IFL Integrated Foundation Library
IFL Interim Fast Lane
IFL Interfacility Unit
IFL Ideas for Life
IFL Isleboro Free Library (Isleboro, ME)
Hmm , must be " Islamic Foundation of Linoln " lol ,;).. Cheers.. FD
quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

If the forcast holds, should be a great weekend for it. Been howling for 4 days now so it's bound to get better... We are usually on 6 at this time of the year IFL. Come in for a beer Friday night if you make it and we'll talk hali's.

Hope to see you on the water Bananas. If it's as sunny as last week bring your heavy SPF. I saw Ians 'new' boat the other day - pretty slick!

Gimee the gaff!!!

Oh yeah, Diry - I sent you my phone #

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Hey guys, last minuete change of plans, Im now heading for my original destination- Nootka. Appearantly halis are a plenty.. Ill let you know how it turns out. Cheers, Dave.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

HOLY CHIT IS THAT FUNNY!!!

You are a busyminded dude there Foggster.

Islamic Foundation of Lincoln - who knew? I didn't know.

I'll add IFB to my sig, Islamic Foundation of Bamfield - president and only member!!!

Have to have a beer this weekend.

Anyhow, a little fishing report to wet yer whitstles.

After a stormy week that kept me off the water, I decided to hit it Saturday morning with Jodi and some friends.

Given the big moon and tides of the week, I decided to try somewhere different as I suspected the fish had likely scattered. Off to Swale at about 7:30 in the morning.

As I was dropping the second line I hit a screamer! Absolutely not prepared for that! I caught up to him briefly, he turned and peeled nearly 2/3 of the line from the freshly spooled Islander. Turned and started back at me - I never did catch up...

Wow. Lets get that gear back down there!

Instantly fish on! Jodi battles this beauty to the side of the boat, 17lbr. Reset the gear, flip the boat and another fish on. As Jodi starts the fight, the second rod dips and starts peeling line, double header!!!

The ladies do a great job of finessing the twin 19lb fish to the Grady and within 30 mins we are sitting on about 55lbs of the sweetest spring salmon you can find worldwide BAR NONE!

We hook another, this guy just legal so release him for another day. Continue fishing for about an hour for just a couple of shakers, the bite has gone off.

My buddy Brad was fishing the same spot and he had two nice ones before the bite went off. He then moved onto another hole and finished up his tag with a couple more fifteens.

I guess the time for first light has come. Right on!

Fish are still on the bottom mostly, but try up to 75 as this has produced some fish as well. Lot of guys on the bait now, but hoochie and spoons still the ticket for me. They are full of needlefish and 5 inch herring so match the hatch...

We spent the rest of the day just cruising through the broken group, soaking up sun and watching the porpoises and humpback whales put on a show.

This summer is going to be amazing. Hope to see you here.
hollyjodi.jpg

jeffnet.jpg

fishon.jpg

Osama, IFB

Gimee the gaff!!!

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Pics are to small,is that Charlie fishin there?
Nope, not me... I am starting to feel like an "arm chair". Got the boat all ready to go and my wife wants to drive down the coast! She whens! :)

I haven't caught a decent fish this year!
Right now thinking about getting someone to go to Renfrew with me in a couple of weeks!

DSC01311-1-2.jpg

If your there in the first week of June Charlie we'll see you there arriving on the 2nd and away home on the 6th then to Sooke for the next 2 weeks after that ; then back again for 5 days , then off to Nootka for a week , love this retired life !

AL

quote:Originally posted by alley cat

If your there in the first week of June Charlie we'll see you there arriving on the 2nd and away home on the 6th then to Sooke for the next 2 weeks after that ; then back again for 5 days , then off to Nootka for a week , love this retired life !

AL
All ready sent the emails out! Hopefully, see ya the 1st week! :)

Hey Guy's
Well , Leaving tomorrow for 5 day's , Any fresh reports would be Mucho Grande , Jeff ( IFB ), We will be fueling up in Bamfield probabally Thursday late afternoon ,I have a little somthing I'd like to drop off for you guy's ?!? You'll Like... try ya on 68 , if not , I will bring it to the Landing , see ya in a couple , Felix - FD,,[8D]

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Lots of fish pretty much everywhere all week. Austin, Mearses, Swale, Kirby, Sanford, and Brady's all had fish pushing the twenty pound mark. Our best this week was a 26. Blowing like hell right now and I hope it comes down over night. I'll be out from now until Monday afternoon. Give me a call when you are out this way.
Bod

www.rockypointcharters.ca

The Ball predicts the Weather to be good , see ya up there Bod,, appreciate the info ,, FD,,;)
quote:Originally posted by Bod

Lots of fish pretty much everywhere all week. Austin, Mearses, Swale, Kirby, Sanford, and Brady's all had fish pushing the twenty pound mark. Our best this week was a 26. Blowing like hell right now and I hope it comes down over night. I'll be out from now until Monday afternoon. Give me a call when you are out this way.
Bod

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

What Ken said. It's been great and the fish have gotten way bigger.

Swale has been best on the first part of the flood.

I will not be in Bamfield tonight, am heading to Courtenay right now to go to the dentist, take dogs to vet, ect. Will be back Friday afternoon.

Get your fuel at McKay Bay.

I'll see you soon.

Gimee the gaff!!!

With the great weather we headed a bit off shore today. Due to some electrical problems didn't get away from Bamfield until almost 10 am. Dropped the gear at 7 mile and trolled southwest. A small commercial fleet was working the west egde of the bank. Figuring those boys don't want to be wasting there time we stuck with it. About noon the bite came on and by two we had 8 springs in the box bettween 7 and 14 pounds with a few smaller ones and a wild coho released. All in all a good day.
Bod

Was a pretty great weekend fishing as long as you were willing to move and look for them!

Swale turned right off. Kirby turned on. Effingham has a ruthless seal already. Back door was producing as was Pill. Seven mile and 14 mile were happening on the tide shifts.

Slivo from this site had a beauty at Kirby first thing yesterday morning, high twenties. We went 2-4 for the couple hours of fishing we put in there.

Saw one of the Bamfield regulars hook a nice halibut at Kirby as well. His wife yarded in about 60lbs of joy...

Missed Fog Ducker in the harbour, got the message though - thanx brotha! How'd ya make out?

Gimee the gaff!!!

Was a pretty great weekend fishing as long as you were willing to move and look for them!

Swale turned right off. Kirby turned on. Effingham has a ruthless seal already. Back door was producing as was Pill. Seven mile and 14 mile were happening on the tide shifts.

Slivo from this site had a beauty at Kirby first thing yesterday morning, high twenties. We went 2-4 for the couple hours of fishing we put in there.

Saw one of the Bamfield regulars hook a nice halibut at Kirby as well. His wife yarded in about 60lbs of joy...

Missed Fog Ducker in the harbour, got the message though - thanx brotha! How'd ya make out?

Gimee the gaff!!!

Here we go
Barkley Sound Weekend Update

this is the first weekend that I drank Lucky exclusively , 3 flats, to the wind. Not bad , Kinda like the price too !
Anyway's , we did not target salmon a whole lot ,our kicker was in for repair( Thanks Les , Breaker Marine, Bamfield , Great guy's ) we did try 6 mile late afternoon for an hour , natta , we also tried Diplock for an hour , same , slow, Seen several trollers off the Surfline , spoke to a guy in Bamfield that just bonked 6 Beauties off of Beale , a few fish came into the Nook , not many, spoke to several fiends and fisherman throughout the Sound , last week was on fire.The fish are there , you just need to hunt them down , or , book with the local Bamfield guides , they did well.I spent most of my time looking for white meat , did not want to go off-shore , so we pounded the inside hard , Our efforts brought us back with Limit of Hali's ( un-anchored , on jigs )not huge , 25 lb ish , found a great new Ling Hole as well. Crabbing was still Excellent , Prawning has slowed somewhat , Commercial Boy's through out the Sound . I don't know for sure , but , we were picking up Brownies on our lines as we trolled for Salmon , thinking maybe an algae bloom is on the rise , may have slowed things down a bit , not sure.We did have a blast , had the dolphins along side the boat out at the surf , that was cool , Weather was amazing , Great Weekend. I will have my new boat there next outting , can't wait , Bring on " the Fog Ducker " !! ,,
Jeff , I think I just missed you , Les was awesome , nice dude, did ya get your 15 ers , enjoy , let me know how ya like them , swear we will have pops one day soon , Take Care over there , I miss it allready,,, FD....;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Back