2008 & Newer 9.9 HT Yamaha

Hello, can someone please take the cover off there kicker an take a picture of the throttle side of the kicker and post it for me. I want to see the difference between a newer kicker an mine. I ordered a new throttle actuator for my kicker that is designed for a 2007 an newer motor. I need to see if they have changed an how much. I have a tiller with electric start. Thanks

I would but mines in storage. try searching google images

I've got a 2013. Unfortunately not home til Monday. If you still haven't found what you need by then I'll snap a pic or two for ya.

SD, I have google searched lots lol. I thought it would be essay to find a simple picture of the motor without the cover on, not :(

google search yielded this, 08 t9.9

Attachments

• P1020518-L.jpg
    P1020518-L.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 164
Damn your good SD :) What did you punch in the search engine to bring that up ? They have changed the motors :( mine don't look anything like that. Not sure why Garmin would delete a part, not have a few on hand. My motor is only 9 years old :( I figured out that once I shift the motor into gear, that my tiller handle will work. Just need to test it now

I just searched google images "08 yamaha t9.9"

This is a Yamaha 2009 8HP High Thrust I would think they are very similar.

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 127
Wouldn't it be 2008 and newer?

I believe the yamaha had the big block from 2003-2007? I own a 2006 but i could be wrong

The big block 9.9 went until 2007. (the detuned 15hp) How it all evolved was the original 9.9 that we all liked never had a power tilt unit option. To fill this void Yamaha decided to offer the big block 9.9 (the 15hp) which already had the power tilt option. For a few years both engines were available the old version was the non power tilt model and the big block was for those who wanted that option. After a few years Yamaha realized that the cost of manufacturing the big block 9.9 was higher than what other brands 9.9 power tilt models incurred. So they dropped both the big block and the old 9.9 in favour of the reworked 8hp that was the new 9.9. Now they had one block for 8hp and 9.9hp and both had the power tilt option. It was all about producing these 2 hp models as cheaply as possible.

Back