1st trip to Brown Bay (ever)

ratherbefishing

Hey all,
Am planning my first trip to Browns next weekend. Have not been before and am not really sure where to start and for what...Guys I have asked have said to follow the other boats around but that is not really my game. I'd like to at least have an idea where to start and what might be there. 19ft boat with all the fixins and a few years of fishing under my belt so am just looking for a push in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
RBF

When you launch from the marina, hang a left as you head out. Just around the point is a good trolling area and across the straight along the high cliffs is good at times. You can't miss the boats. Good luck I hear it's been slow.

What he said. There are two bays right across from the Marina that hold fish when they are around.

Failing that, you can head up to Greensea, which I don't think is the proper name for the area. It is about a 20 minute run north.

I've only fished the Browns Bay area 3 times now, but I'm sure someone else will offer you more info that is more knowledgeable of the area.

baddog,

Where exactly is Greensea? I have heard it mentioned a number of times but cannot seem to find it on any map or chart. Thanks.

Wayne

Greensea is on the west side of Sonora island , just south of Howe island, and across from Chatam Point. Grensea is best fished on the FLOOD Tide. Watch for the rips to form off of the points, and fish along them. Tight Lines,...........BB

Absolutely ZIPPO happening at Greensea to today on the early flood.[V]

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Two bays opposite of Brown's are Deepwater and Plumper. Deepwater bay itself is closed within the INSIDE portion of the bay - see DFO regs. I can't quite remember if plumper is or not. If you fish the weekend, you won't need to follow the boats, you will see them. Most will fish off the tide / rip lines that set up along the points where these bays protrude into Seymour Narrows. Flood is generally the best but the Ebb can also be good. It really just depends if the fish are there or not (moving through).

Back