1994 Pursuit 2350 Walkaround

Bloodbuggy

View attachment 15460View attachment 15461Hey guys,
New to the forum here but just wanted your opinions on the new to me boat Ive aquired. Its a 1994 Pursuit 2350 Walkaround with a defect same year Yamaha 250 motor sitting on a tandem axle Loadmaster trailer that I purchased in Houston Texas. Had a Marine inspector meet me there and says floor, stringers and transom are solid. Engine has not been looked at just going off what the guy says that it is defect. My mother and father in law have a retreat in Yuma Arizona so they made the 20 hr drive to Houston to pick it up, boat is now in Yuma and will be making the last leg of her voyage back to East Sooke at the end of March, paid $5,200 American for it. Here are a couple pictures, my hopes are to switch out motor if non repairable with a newer like 2000 Yamaha 200, 225 or 250 that way I should be able to keep controls also will need new electronics. Any opinions or suggestions are more than welcome.
Jamie

Oh ya your stylin and profiling in that baby. Nice boat and congrats

I wonder if it would make sense to figure out / diagnose the motor issues and fix or replace before bringing the boat into Canada? Would probably save a whack of cash.

I think your right about that, wonder how that effects bringing boat back into Canada as title lists defect motor.

Nice boat for price, I have a old trophy and it was 8000, without power. Looks like a great deal. We threw a 300hp etec on it.

Thanks saanauk scared to think what that 250 4 stroke might cost

If you can be patient with sourcing power......you'd may find a good deal. Considering your boat is from Texas I am sure you spent your time waiting for the right deal.

Nice Boat, you'll have to lose the live bait well right away and free up some dance floor.
Bridgeview may be a good option for a lease return
I see they have a 2010 225 Vrod and a 2013 300Vrod with controls and cables for decent prices

Last edited by a moderator:
You have the magic formula for boating happiness: A high-end older hull with an older outboard that you can pull and easily replace without a lot of financial pain.

If you're queasy about going with a new 4 stroke, there are lots of pre-owned Yamahas and Hondas out there-- If it were me, I'd look for a Honda 200 or 225 with 500 - 700 hours on it if you're not going to bust a move for a new one.

You'll end up with a real nice package for reasonable money. Good job!

Thats one llooonnng trailer. Is it optical illusion?

Thanks saanauk scared to think what that 250 4 stroke might cost
Well if I can find a good deal at the boat show on a Yamaha 300 I will be selling my 2006 Yamaha 250 with 850 hours for a good deal. Will keep you posted.

There are some good deals on used motors if you keep an eye out.

The rectangle thing right under the cover is the seat right? They are removable on that year I thought.

When I brought my boat across I had the seller break down the purchase price into 3 pieces
Boat hull and rigging/ motors/ trailer and I valued the components appropriately for tax purposes
I needed a letter of recall from the trailer mfg stating the trailer had no existing recalls

Back