1977 Double Eagle 206 Build

I used 3m super77 spray adhesive Home Depot.
I reupholstered my 82 Malibu when I was 17. Covered the headliner, floor and every chalky panel in automotive carpet. Probably went through three cases of that stuff. It works well, just don't attempt it in cold conditions and try not to go to heavy with it or it never seems to dry completely. Let it completely tack over before you stick it together or you'll have glue coming through your material. This conversation is a PTSD trigger for me I've noticed. Don't get me started on speckle stone...

Would recommend 90 over the 77 we have gone this route at work.I wonder if a light layer of poly resin would bed the liner nicely without bleeding through or breaking it down maybe worth trying a small piece? Project is coming along nicely keep it up.

I reupholstered my 82 Malibu when I was 17. Covered the headliner, floor and every chalky panel in automotive carpet. Probably went through three cases of that stuff. It works well, just don't attempt it in cold conditions and try not to go to heavy with it or it never seems to dry completely. Let it completely tack over before you stick it together or you'll have glue coming through your material. This conversation is a PTSD trigger for me I've noticed. Don't get me started on speckle stone...
Speckle stone on subwoofer boxes lol

Hi There

I have the same boat 20’6 double eagle and I’m looking for the radar arch you had made . Can you share that info with me. What the cost was, who you had make it.

Thanks Greg

Hi There

I have the same boat 20’6 double eagle and I’m looking for the radar arch you had made . Can you share that info with me. What the cost was, who you had make it.

Thanks Greg
I had all of my aluminum work done in Port Alberni by stamp falls fabrication. Due to Covid aluminum prices went up a lot so I ended up paying $1800 for the custom tower and install. Probably would have been a closer to 1500 if not.

Boat is almost done at the shop. A few delays with parts on order but should be sea trials next week!

Kicker is tied into the main, rear helm is up and running, I had 30a breaker switches wired in for the downriggers rather then relying on fuses since I've had many times where the trap puller has blown it after getting hung up. Downriggers are also mounted but will have more bolts to secure.

The blue tube in the photos is a mock up for the washdown hose (not its final position). It will be made black and attached to the pod vs going through the hull. One less hole in the boat!

Next steps after sea trials are to do some Cuddy work and cosmetic details.

Attachments

• B6A2A9A1-6BC0-4D78-81C1-C25F333449AC.jpeg
    B6A2A9A1-6BC0-4D78-81C1-C25F333449AC.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 8628FCF2-444D-4928-8C11-A5FB665424FD.jpeg
    8628FCF2-444D-4928-8C11-A5FB665424FD.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 246
  • DF6E62E1-B5D7-4561-92A1-7CF56CA4F467.jpeg
    DF6E62E1-B5D7-4561-92A1-7CF56CA4F467.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 13ECBC04-A909-482F-8302-B9E2F1A85946.jpeg
    13ECBC04-A909-482F-8302-B9E2F1A85946.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 254
Boat is almost done at the shop. A few delays with parts on order but should be sea trials next week!

Kicker is tied into the main, rear helm is up and running, I had 30a breaker switches wired in for the downriggers rather then relying on fuses since I've had many times where the trap puller has blown it after getting hung up. Downriggers are also mounted but will have more bolts to secure.

The blue tube in the photos is a mock up for the washdown hose (not its final position). It will be made black and attached to the pod vs going through the hull. One less hole in the boat!

Next steps after sea trials are to do some Cuddy work and cosmetic details.
Looks fantastic .

Boat had its first sea trial in nearly a year since the project started. Everything went well and the 300hp pushed the boat easily at 55mph. I do not plan to cruise at this speed but needed to go near the top end to ensure prop was right.

I also had the boat surveyed and it passed with flying colors. I was surprised at its total value but lots of time and money into it!

I don't know how to post videos but I'm amazed at how quiet this 300 is.

Some more finishing touches to follow!

Attachments

• ABB3FB81-7A5D-4760-881B-8D680B540C57.jpeg
    ABB3FB81-7A5D-4760-881B-8D680B540C57.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Boat had its first sea trial in nearly a year since the project started. Everything went well and the 300hp pushed the boat easily at 55mph. I do not plan to cruise at this speed but needed to go near the top end to ensure prop was right.

I also had the boat surveyed and it passed with flying colors. I was surprised at its total value but lots of time and money into it!

I don't know how to post videos but I'm amazed at how quiet this 300 is.

Some more finishing touches to follow!
Looking sharp man. Loved watching this build and it looks awesome, one of the cleaner nicer looking builds we’ve seen on here.

Well done.

Looks fantastic, I just went through your whole build again , I’m going to pod my 19.5’ DE I was wondering what length leg you went with.

Thanks for that , was thinking of a 30 but but you have to put your name on a waiting list for a motor now and there all 25 they had on order , which I believe is an XL , again great job on the build

Back