18-22 Ft.Boat w/ low hour 4 stroke outboard Wanted

I bought an original owner 17 Malibu Tyee from Maple Bay on Saturday.It's smaller and older than I wanted and may be a temporary fix until the right boat comes along.Couldn't take being boatless.I'd remove this thread if I knew how,can't seem to find a delete thread tool.

Great choice of boats. You can get anywhere a 21’er can but you’ll use way less fuel. Enjoy!

The difference in the ride quality from my 22 Ft. and this little boat will be hard on my old bones,we'll see if it's too much for me in time.I thought that the Tyee was too good a deal to pass up and would sell easily if I found a Grady that I like.I don't see the border opening up any time soon with Covid on the upswing,and there doesn't seem to be very many Grady's for sale up here.I'll get her wet today,maybe try Constance .

Funny,I just realized I won't be able to find Constance Bank,the owner kept his chartplotter for his new boat.I'm running blind.

Good opportunity to pick up your redundant system. My dad has never looked back after getting a big iPad with the GPS. Bit of an investment, but it has worked well for him for the past five years.

All things being well, you will really like the Malibu Tyee. I owned the identical boat for many years. Ordered it new from the factory in 2002 with a 90 HP Yamaha and 9.9 high thrust kicker on it. Absolutely outstanding boat that did everything I needed it to do. Kept it until about 3 year ago when I upgraded to the Monaro because I wanted to be able to take the Grand Kids out in slightly more comfort. The vast majority of the hours I put on the Tyee were on the West Coast Vancouver Island off Nootka where we always went offshore everywhere the "big boys" went. That boat caught a lot of fish. Hopefully you will enjoy your new boat as much as we did.

Last edited:
Funny,I just realized I won't be able to find Constance Bank,the owner kept his chartplotter for his new boat.I'm running blind.
I bet you could find Connie in your sleep.

Congrats on the new ride Ray, I'll keep an eye out for ya

I bought an original owner 17 Malibu Tyee from Maple Bay on Saturday.It's smaller and older than I wanted and may be a temporary fix until the right boat comes along.Couldn't take being boatless.I'd remove this thread if I knew how,can't seem to find a delete thread tool.

Well based on your other posts I love how you make sure your boats are perfect so when you go to sell this Tyee I would love it. Had a 176 before and it's the perfect boat for my needs. Enjoy

Just returned from my test run and everything went well.It do's 40 MPH full throttle but it's revving too high so needs a higher pitch prop.The trailer works fine ,rolls off easy,but could use a walk plank.Kicker is mounted on the drivers side ,so it leans to stbd.at rest but straightens up some at cruising speed.All small things that can be corrected over time.Sure a different feeling when your used to a bigger boat though.I'll start a wanted thread now and let this one die off.

Just returned from my test run and everything went well.It do's 40 MPH full throttle but it's revving too high so needs a higher pitch prop.The trailer works fine ,rolls off easy,but could use a walk plank.Kicker is mounted on the drivers side ,so it leans to stbd.at rest but straightens up some at cruising speed.All small things that can be corrected over time.Sure a different feeling when your used to a bigger boat though.I'll start a wanted thread now and let this one die off.

now we just need a few pics Ray........

I think I'll have to expand my search,no replies from anyone with a small Grady.So I'm open to seeing what there is available in the 18+ Ft.-24 Ft. max size range.I still would like 4 stroke power and newer than 1999.I'd be able to spend up to $50K ,but hopefully less.I'd also prefer a quality small boat over a poor quality big boat.

Just had a seller bail on selling his Grady to me.I'm very disappointed because after looking at it I really thought it was a good fit for me.I'm open to any model,center console 180 or bigger,208,228,would prefer newer than 1999 and in great shape.. So,if you have one or know of one that is coming up for sale,please let me know by "conversation",e-mail,or phone. Thanks,Ray 250-656-5890 or hawthornes@telus.net

Just had a seller bail on selling his Grady to me.I'm very disappointed because after looking at it I really thought it was a good fit for me.I'm open to any model,center console 180 or bigger,208,228,would prefer newer than 1999 and in great shape.. So,if you have one or know of one that is coming up for sale,please let me know by "conversation",e-mail,or phone. Thanks,Ray 250-656-5890 or hawthornes@telus.net
I have a 2000 18' Boston whaler Outrage w/o motor on a tandom trailer in vg to excellent condition.

Back