19-23 Ft.Cuddy Cabin w/4 stroke outboard power Wanted

Rayvon

I sold my boat recently and find that I can't live without one,so I'm looking again.My son wants to upgrade from his 542 Campion too (he has a buyer lined up). I'm looking to spend up to $30K and he's got deeper pockets than me,so we'll look at higher priced boats too.WE want similar boats,fiberglass,cuddy,4-stroke main and kicker,prefer hardtop with a trailer.I'm only interested in fishing style boats ,he may look at others(outboard only).We're both fussy condition wise,but I'm willing to work on a project that's worthwhile,his will be turnkey.We're thinking Grady 20-22,Wellcraft Coastal,Striper,Hourston ,Double Eagle,Seasport(podded).If your tired of the crappy fishing and wind this year or just don't have enough time to use your boat please call Ray@ 250-656-5890 in Victoria,or please PM (start a conversation)"Rayvon"

I did see that one but a 2008 motor with 50 hrs. has to be a rebuild,I'd rather have more hrs. than a rebuilt motor.Bad experiences in the past with them.I consider the most important part of the package to be the motor, so would rather have an older boat with a newer motor.Thanks for posting it though.

get ahold of ian macdonald,, bamfield sportsfishing... selling a 24' monaro with i thinks a 200 zuki on it.. ready to fish and a fishy boat!

Maybe I understated how fussy I am,I'm a retired shipwright that worked on yachts for many years,so I know a solid boat when I see one and have sportfished for more than 40 years.Both my sons bought 2006 boats last year with hardly any hours on them,a 185 Double Eagle w/150 Yam. and a 542 Campion w/140 Suzuki,both were mint condition and about $29K with kickers,downriggers etc..The 185 DE w/150 Yam. is a sweet boat but is as small as I would go."Trophy Wife",Monaro's are great boats,but it would be a rare guide boat that's as clean and low hours as I'd like,thanks.I've owned my share of old worn out boats over the years and this will very likely be my last boat so it's time I got something newer.

Any leads would be appreciated.Somebody must know a friend that never uses their boat and doesn't want to deal with trying to sell it.

Damien,Ive seen both online..I missed out on an Arima 19 with a new motor last week,the best boat I've seen so far.Being south of the border complicates the purchase.Besides the 25% exchange rate I just can't buy a boat sight unseen and it's pretty hard to get there before the locals. I hesitated a little on that one because I've never been aboard an Arima to see how hard they ride in a chop,although their build quality is good . Something should show up soon with all the poor fishing reports and possible future fishery closures(all hypothetical at this point).I have had people contact me with 13 year old boats that are asking near new prices(2004 185 DE for $38500)and one person that described a nice boat but gave no price or contact number.I always thought selling a boat was the hardest thing to do but in this market it's hard to find anything worthwhile looking at.

Back