18-22 Ft.Boat w/ low hour 4 stroke outboard Wanted

The Pursuit 2470 CC on the other thread (19 Ft+ center console wanted) is a beauty ,but I think for $50 K , I'm going to want a cuddy for storage if nothing else.

Start from scratch. This would be a great winter project and has your skill set all over it.

https://bowdidgemarinedesigns.com/pro-tournament-24/

They also have plans for a 21' and a 26'
Nope,by the time I build a shop to build it in and build the boat ,I'll be in an old age home.Need something all done and I'm shying away from the center console idea,I have too much gear.Something like I just sold would be perfect.:):(

Nope,by the time I build a shop to build it in and build the boat ,I'll be in an old age home.Need something all done and I'm shying away from the center console idea,I have too much gear.Something like I just sold would be perfect.:):(
I’m curious why you sold?

Fair enough. I still want to build one from plans but I agree that it would take time better spent fishing.

I’m curious why you sold?
Wish I had a good answer,it was a great boat.The buyer looked at my sons 542 Campion and said he wanted something bigger,so I showed him a picture of my Aquasport and he said it was just what he wanted. I gave him what I thought was a fair price considering the age of the 225 Yamaha and he said fine.Done deal,but he ended up reselling through Bill Howich motors for much more.I thought I got a good price at the time,so I can't complain,but maybe I wasn't up to speed on the present market.I've had 4 boats in the last 7 years or so and my Wellcraft Coastal for 17 years before that. I think I was just bored because we couldn't keep any salmon at the time and I'd done everything I could think of to bring the boat up to it's best condition.I'd also taken a fall down a bank and torn my shoulder tenons off,so I felt I wasn't up to handling the boat on my own.But I find I have no life without a boat,so there will likely be one more in my future if I can find one that suits me at a reasonable price.

Wish I had a good answer,it was a great boat.The buyer looked at my sons 542 Campion and said he wanted something bigger,so I showed him a picture of my Aquasport and he said it was just what he wanted. I gave him what I thought was a fair price considering the age of the 225 Yamaha and he said fine.Done deal,but he ended up reselling through Bill Howich motors for much more.I thought I got a good price at the time,so I can't complain,but maybe I wasn't up to speed on the present market.I've had 4 boats in the last 7 years or so and my Wellcraft Coastal for 17 years before that. I think I was just bored because we couldn't keep any salmon at the time and I'd done everything I could think of to bring the boat up to it's best condition.I'd also taken a fall down a bank and torn my shoulder tenons off,so I felt I wasn't up to handling the boat on my own.But I find I have no life without a boat,so there will likely be one more in my future if I can find one that suits me at a reasonable price.
I get it. How’s the shoulder now?

I don't like to complain about our medical system,it works great if you have a heart attack,stroke,cancer,broken bones etc.,but for this they put you on a 3 month waiting list to get an appointment to see a surgeon and then it could be up to 6 months to get the surgery even when the doctors say it should be dealt with ASAP because the tenons retract.And then there's rehab to get it working properly.All the while you take T3's or stronger for the pain,no wonder there's so many people ending up with an opioid addiction.Rant over,back to looking for a boat.I'll work on one addiction at a time.

Last edited:
I don't like to complain about our medical system,it works great if you have a heart attack,stroke,cancer,broken bones etc.,but for this they put you on a 3 month waiting list to get an appointment to see a surgeon and then it could be up to 6 months to get the surgery even when the doctors say it should be dealt with ASAP because the tenons retract.And then there's rehab to get it working properly.All the while you take T3's or stronger for the pain,no wonder there's so many people ending up with an opioid addiction.Rant over,back to looking for a boat.
I had a lot of buddies that had to have ACL surgeries from sports injuries when I was younger. Most of them paid for private due to the unreasonable wait time.

I had a lot of buddies that had to have ACL surgeries from sports injuries when I was younger. Most of them paid for private due to the unreasonable wait time.
Yeah I’ve had 2 surgeries done at the Cambie facility because I wanted them done in the winter after guiding season. First class

Yeah I’ve had 2 surgeries done at the Cambie facility because I wanted them done in the winter after guiding season. First class

That was me 2 years ago, it was the time in my life when my 11 year old son schooled my dumb butt in the park up Whistler. 35 years of constant skiing, racing throwing myself off drops and one 10' and pop full hyperextension of my left knee. Mri said surgical and I wanted it done so off to see Brian day. 35 mins chatting about his case before the court and 2 mins pushing around and he sent me on my way without even reading the mri results. He said about half are misdiagnosed anyway. Awesome facility.

Almost bought a 248 before coming to my senses,great boat if I was younger,but just too much boat for me to handle on my own now I think.Still not sure I did the right thing turning it down though.Still looking.

This particular one has been for sale since early spring. Considering how hot the boat market was all summer it makes me wonder what's up with this boat. The price is maybe on the high side, but is that the only thing going on?!
1800 hrs on motors, I passed on a 2004 with a single 250 yam 1200hrs for 50 k, boat was in 8/10 condition. There was one here for sale for 80k with a new 300 yam, pretty sure it was the boat I passed on with the 250, assuming the guy repower from the 250 to a 300. It did sell but not sure how much

Thanks guys,but after almost buying the 248,I really think I should get a 228 or 208.I'm not comfortable trailering that big anymore.That said, I can't be too fussy,there's nothing available till the border opens up.The 23 Gulfstreams are great boats but too big for me.

Thanks guys,but after almost buying the 248,I really think I should get a 228 or 208.I'm not comfortable trailering that big anymore.That said, I can't be too fussy,there's nothing available till the border opens up.The 23 Gulfstreams are great boats but too big for me.
I’ve got a 228. It’s perfectly manageable solo. I tow, Launch it, dock it and operate it solo all the time. The 226 is a bit shorter but of course doesn’t have the pod so you lose dance floor space. 208 is also A great boat.

Back