1101 Scotty help!!

spring fever

I am not a newby on riggers having had multuple 1106's and 2106"s but this 1101 has me stumped. I have a set of 2 on a 14ft Alaskan tinny on proper gunnel mounts on a swivel base. One loads the braid perfectly up and down the spool- the other loads it all at the bottom of the spool and as a result when it gets to much loaded it falls over causing the rigger to bump and also causing loose braid on the spool. So I've checked the boom-its straight- I've reloaded the line -switched the riggers to the other side-the spool looks straight and not cracked-I think it would load fine if it had a line guide like on an 1106. The only difference between the 2 is the one with the problem has an old style switch and it seems quite sloppy although works well. Anybody got any idea where else to look?-I don't really want to take it in because I don't see how they will duplicate the problem. Any ideas would be a big help Thanks

Yup, that will do it (and was going to be my answer but someone beat me to it!).
Man fairleads for 1 inch boom are difficult to find but Tyee marine had two. Problem solved. Funny but both of mine (just bought) had no fairleads-can't imagine anyone taking them off- so assume they were bought like that!

Yeah, it's weird but I just went through the Scotty catalog and it looks
like they didn't supply fairleads on 1" boom models

Back