10' plus Moocher / Downrigger rod recomendations

View attachment 73805Gonna try these out this year they have good reviews not pricey and feel great but don’t have a actual report for them yet
I bought 2 from Pacific Net and Twine at their recommendation. I’ve had problems with both. As local made rods I really wanted to like them. The action was good however I have problems with the rod shafts turning inside the handles. I took one back and had the bottom replaced. After the warranty expired I have problems with both handles. It’s aggravating. Have also have one guide liner come out and one tip break far too easily.

The price is reasonable but I won’t be buying again.

I bought 2 from Pacific Net and Twine at their recommendation. I’ve had problems with both. As local made rods I really wanted to like them. The action was good however I have problems with the rod shafts turning inside the handles. I took one back and had the bottom replaced. After the warranty expired I have problems with both handles. It’s aggravating. Have also have one guide liner come out and one tip break far too easily.

The price is reasonable but I won’t be buying again.
I had problems with the reel seats they sent me new ones and havnt had a problem since put 130 days on them last year alone

We grabbed 4 of those last year to use as beat em up boat rods. Went a full season with them. Zero issues. They feel very fiberglassy. Which is what we wanted. Graphite is too delicate. These rods load up really nice and have backbone even when loaded up to the max. Great rods

Bought a Shimano Clarus 10'6" 15-25lb last year. Only fished it one season so far..and it is cork, but well within the budget. It's an amazing rod to fish. Really light & responsive. Can't speak to it's long-term reliability.

Back