Gold River boat launch

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by hooked for life, May 22, 2020.

1. staying alive

staying alive Active Member

Guess we shouldn’t make snap judgements, myself included , most people are good .
    I would say when I’m on my annual trip half the people at Critter are American and are decent folks
    Go Donald 2 terms

2. moose

moose New Member

A US citizen who lives in Delta, who also has a work permit in Canada and Canadian address can get a Canadian sports fishing license. Trust me, I know.

3. pacemaker

pacemaker Member

Just came back from a trip to Nootka.... Launched at Gold River on Monday, came back today... Didn’t see a single U.S. registered vehicle, trailer, or boat either at the ramp or on the water... Definitely none with flattened tires... Fake news, didn’t happen..

leaseman, CRGreg, Zuktaylor and 7 others like this.
  4. bigbruce

bigbruce Well-Known Member

Uhhh...it’s been open for about a week...

nootkan likes this.
  5. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

nootkan and searun like this.
  6. searun

searun Well-Known Member

MMFN approach to managing this situation is excellent IMO. Hoping people respect their wishes.

Trophy21, CRGreg and bigbruce like this.
  7. bcfishguy

bcfishguy New Member

Does anyone know how much it’s to launch the boat and park per day? Also, is it ok to sleep in the boat at the parking?
    Thanks for the help

8. pacemaker

pacemaker Member

See replies on Nootka Sound Fishing Reports.....

9. RiverBoy

RiverBoy Well-Known Member

just looking ahead at the tide levels on the day i’m launching and of course, it’s a wicked low tide for our approximate arrival.Does anyone remember how low it can go and still be launchable? i have a DE 185. i should remember but i’m drawing a blank. thx

10. pacemaker

pacemaker Member

You will be able to float that off the trailer and get down the channel with a 3 ft tide....

RiverBoy likes this.
  11. pescador

The actual launch area is pretty deep. It’s when you get down the channel/river a bit where things get dicey. Particularly on the east side of the channel just out from the launch. As said, 3 feet should be fine. I’ve launched my 23 footer in 3 feet and it was fine. But, every year things seem to shift around and sentiment can change things a bit. One year I made an error and launched in less than 3 feet. I lifted the motor and let the river drag me out. A real close call not to be repeated.

TheHurtLocker, RiverBoy and barkerfam like this.
  12. Brett83

Brett83 New Member

20$ to launch and 15$ per night. The annual parking pass is 250$ covers launch and parking. I'm sure you could sleep In your boat on the trailer.

13. Aces

Aces Well-Known Member

I'm sure your 60 yo Dad would appreciate having a bathroom in the morning like i do now

14. RiverBoy

RiverBoy Well-Known Member

yes and don’t forget the big ass boulder by the plane dock. it’s like 1 1/2 feet or something like that the day i arrive. can you still drive the trailer off the end of the ramp or has that been fixed as well?

15. pescador

Not sure on that one. Never done it, hope not to.