Double Eagle project?

its easier to post from tapatalk, otherwise just click on the little picture icon on the top row of your reply box and select files from your pc,
congrats on the purchase by the way, looks like a dandy
of a first boat, enjoy the madness

I don't see an antenna so do yourself a favor and get a VHF, even a handheld, book a ROC-m course and learn how to use it if your heading out on the chuck

Looks like a really clean boat.I own the same swing tongue Karavan trailer and love it.Nice wide wheelbase and very sturdy. Congrats. You should have a lot of fun with it.

Thanks, yes I like the step on fenders.I am bringing it for a Bimini fitting, and having a kicker mount installed Saturday. When that's done I will go for a little cruising. I will also get a vhf and I do need a safety kit.I will see what's recommended

Wish my trailer had a step on the rear of the fender like that, it's a looong way to step up on the top. My truck has a step inset into each corner of the rear bumper and it's awesome (current Chev 1/2 ton).

Yeah, it's pretty slick sly.I am notmas nimble as I once was and this is perfect. Kicker bracket is getting installed Saturday.I won't get any where until I have back up motor and safety kit.I got a cover today for it.I found a guy who does Bimini tops and will do one with stainless zippers for 650.i believe you can add on sides and drop curtain later. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not

I'm looking at $1500 for full standup canvas for 19.5 runabout with zip sides, clear panels above windshield, and bow access. 600 for plain bimini seems about right.

Love the bow rail, cool look.
This sure reminds me of my first boat, which was a sangster as well.
Use to crab out of it, catch pinks and springs at the coal port, Dino's on the river. Sockeye in port. Mouth of the Cap. All sorts of fishing
Used to tube with the kids... Great little boats.

Enjoy great choice!

Love the bow rail, cool look.
This sure reminds me of my first boat, which was a sangster as well.
Use to crab out of it, catch pinks and springs at the coal port, Dino's on the river. Sockeye in port. Mouth of the Cap. All sorts of fishing
Used to tube with the kids... Great little boats.

Enjoy great choice!
Thanks getbent, yes very excited and all of those things you mentioned are perfect for this boat.I will send pictures of.The first dinner caught!

Question about kicker mount install. If you look at the rear of my boat the transom is fairly narrow.
Like most I guess, well the fibreglass almost seem to light to support a kicker motor has its the shell not a built portion like the transom. Although it looks like one was mounted there before as they have patched the holes????

Your kicker should be mounted on the port side(left side if your standing at the back of the boat looking forward)This is to balance the boat if just one person is riding/driving the boat at the helm which is on the opposite side.Your splash well
looks too narrow,otherwise you could also mount it directly beside your main as some do as well.Is right up in the top left
corner where the old holes are patched? If so,that's where the kicker mount should go.That's all part of the transom and
use some large diameter stainless steel washers (2.5-3") on the inside to support the weight.Also use 3M 5200 or Sikaflex 291
to seal the holes the bolts pass through so as not to allow water to intrude into the wooden transom.This will cause rot
and you don't want to deal with the results of that crap.Hope this helps.

That's very strange the plywood doesn't carry up into the top corners.I don't think I've ever seen a fiberglass boat like
that.I guess you'll have to do what Reel Gone suggested and put a piece of plywood backing in there.I would also be tempted to glass and resin the backing in as well.it may be overkill,but better than worrying about losing your kicker off the back of your boat while running it or even towing it for that matter.

Back