Double Eagle 206 Project

Hey everyone! I’m new to this forum and am excited to be apart of it.
I have recently picked up a double eagle 206 that is in need of quite a bit of work. Transom and stringers are solid but the floor and seating arrangement needs attention. My plan is to build a pod for it and mount a 200-250hp outboard and turn it into a fishing machine.
This will be a somewhat budget build and will be doing all the work myself so should be a good project.
I will post as many pictures as I can while I go along with this build.A1C6F3E0-6AF1-4826-B1A5-C4CBBFD20198.jpeg

Awesome boat man! Its great to add another 20'6 double eagle to the forum. I just had a pod put on this winter and my engine is going on as we speak. Where will you be fishing out of?

Awesome boat man! Its great to add another 20'6 double eagle to the forum. I just had a pod put on this winter and my engine is going on as we speak. Where will you be fishing out of?
Thanks! I love them, I’m in port Alberni so mostly the inlet/Barkley sound.
I know the perspective is messed on that photo, but how far did you make it with that trailer?
Yea the trailer is garbage but I only had to pull it a couple of block to get it home. So I’m currently on the lookout for decent tandem axle

I did the same to my 206, pulled all the cabinets out as well as the fuel tanks then went with an underfloor centreline tank the cabinets I built in place to my liking. Be sure and save any old cabinet plywood that was tabed to the hull side’s for future patterns also all aluminum trim on the boat ,I couldn’t find the same profiles so was forced to paint and reuse the originals.85AB1C57-5EEE-432D-9C11-E810BBFBD06A.jpeg

I did the same to my 206, pulled all the cabinets out as well as the fuel tanks then went with an underfloor centreline tank the cabinets I built in place to my liking. Be sure and save any old cabinet plywood that was tabed to the hull side’s for future patterns also all aluminum trim on the boat ,I couldn’t find the same profiles so was forced to paint and reuse the originals.View attachment 64925
Nice job! That hull deserves to be restored.

I did the same to my 206, pulled all the cabinets out as well as the fuel tanks then went with an underfloor centreline tank the cabinets I built in place to my liking. Be sure and save any old cabinet plywood that was tabed to the hull side’s for future patterns also all aluminum trim on the boat ,I couldn’t find the same profiles so was forced to paint and reuse the originals.View attachment 64925
Nice Work! Almost makes me want to tackle another project...

What seats are those?

Nice! That looks awesome, where did you get the seats from?

Going to be building 2 new gunnel fuel tanks and just wondering what people recommend for size? Should I just copy the stock tanks or build bigger? I think together they are 50gal/227L stock

Going to be building 2 new gunnel fuel tanks and just wondering what people recommend for size? Should I just copy the stock tanks or build bigger? I think together they are 50gal/227L stock
if you’re doing it anyway go bigger. i’ve been on many a trip into Knight inlet or Thompson Sound where we are tripping over jerry cans the entire time; lashed to the bow rails etc. ask the tuna guys as well. more gas you can fit under the floor the better.

I would seriously consider ditching the gunnel tanks, go with an underfloor It gets your center of gravity much lower.
I was able to put a 195 litre tank in.

Will be a sweet rig when she’s done! Don’t mean to be a pessimist but I would question the transom and stringers, if you’re going to go through the process I’d be looking at them both very closely. Would be a shame to have to tear it all apart down the road after trying to hang 600# another 30” back south.

Will be a sweet rig when she’s done! Don’t mean to be a pessimist but I would question the transom and stringers, if you’re going to go through the process I’d be looking at them both very closely. Would be a shame to have to tear it all apart down the road after trying to hang 600# another 30” back south.
Your right. I have found that the transom is better off being replaced now while it’s apart and I will be looking further into the stringers once the floor is up. Hopefully soon

Back