Double Eagle project?

Here's update, I am bailing on this project (no pun intended )I actually found little 16' close to home 2000 70 hp motor. I will do compression, but it spark right up.The floor seemed solid ect. I think I'd get my money back all day long at that price. I was also looking at this little 17' fibreform, but can't find much information on line.

Good choice exactly what I did when starting out I only had a 16 foot I added everything.... She looked like this when it sold.. Get a oversized top for it with drop curtains. Biggest improvement I ever made on that boat. The only one I didn't do which I should have was add pedestals instead of sleepers.... That frees up a lot of room... I wish I had kept it but couldn't have two in driveway. Here some photos for reference on the top...

Good luck now you can customize it, and your starting with a base.

Attachments

• P4182602.jpg
    P4182602.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 391
  • P4182597.jpg
    P4182597.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 391
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's really nice, I was talking to the guy and said it was really amazing in rough water. Even cultus lake can get some good waves, he said he felt safe.Pedistal seats?Do you have an example of them?

Thanks sv, I looked them up. I would love some information on what I should put on board and what the install process is like

I'm not sure where every one runs there boats. I am wondering if the double eagle would be okay of course being careful as always, doing some fishing on the Fraser river. I was hoping to.do the vedder mouth via the Fraser which I've been told is pretty gold during coho season

I'm not sure where every one runs there boats. I am wondering if the double eagle would be okay of course being careful as always, doing some fishing on the Fraser river. I was hoping to.do the vedder mouth via the Fraser which I've been told is pretty gold during coho season

Hey all
So here's update, I was briefly looking into a silverline Nantucket I'm sure with some work it would have been great boat.
The 16-$2000 seemed to me like the owner was hiding something, he had multiple stories and that made me nervous. So I'm heading out of town this morning for another boat, I will let you know year and price ect when and if I can seal the deal. It's a double Eagle 17'...

I uses to run my 15.6' Sangater with a 70 on it all over the river, common sense, and just playing it safe and you will be fine on the Fraser. Just put in your time is all.
Freshet can be a little dicey

If I could do it again I would have got the 17foot. Just keep that and mind when your looking a 17foot vs a 16 foot is a huge difference... I know guys will go on like its only a few inches. But it amazing how much different they are... The 16 is great when fish yourself...but add a few guys with gear way to cramped.

You can take a lot more weather on the 17 foot..I ran the 16 foot for 6 years year round and was always space limited. It also was limited weather wise which got annoying out here anchoring and fishing halibut.... I just found it dangerous at times.

Also if you fix it up 16 are harder to sell than 17. Don't limit your self Hourston, and malibu tyee are pretty much same boat. Good luck. All you need to look for is no soft floor and rotted transom. There simple boats to fix up. Don't overthink it.

Good lake boat perhaps but Ive never heard a sangster runabout being comparable to a double eagle. If your serious about being in the salt and want a boat that can handle whatever the sea throws at it I'm not sure that's the one.

Fine on nice days of course - but we all get caught in some slop time to time and if your a diehard you'll probably head out into some slop when you have to as well.

Well 700 km round trip,and yes really nice.unmolested looking!.my foot almost went through the floor the whole deck was soft. I could see under where you have to bend down looking towards transom, it was cracked and I could see wood.The old guy wouldn't even fire the engine for very long, he was talking over me as I went through the boat.He said oh its no big deal the fiberglass place down the road will fix the floor for 1500...Needless to say as much as I really liked it I walked. Hats off to my wife and two great kids who didn't complain the whole trip. I had my camper on my truck should have went camping to make it.worth while. No I don't want an aluminum, just want to fish the Fraser for pinks and coho in certain areas. I am going to see another one next week if it's there,it has inboard volvo not sure about that set up but it's. A 17'The owner claims in good.condition just needs a prop as this one is dinged. I will report back if it's still there and I get it.I was told the older Bayliner quarter masters were beefy ocean boats as well.

Sangsters were built in Richmond along with Double eagles and K & C's (in the same tradition) - heavily laid fiberglass. Those old evinrudes were a fairly reliable engines that were easy to fix (back in the day). Boat is advertised as being solid and boat looks clean, worth a look IMHO. It's not a ski hull either.

That Sangster looks pretty good, them old 70's are great , you can see from the pics that one is a lake boat, no corrosion anywhere on the 70,also seems to be a little under-powered them sangster hulls are pretty heavy hand laid fibreglass, pretty sure it is rated for a 150 hp, but a nice looking boat for the money for sure.. wish it was over here on the island, id scoop it up as it has a great interior and would be a great start for a salmon killing machine.

Someone, actually boat mechanic said that cracking on the inside transom was normal. He also said a floor would cost about a grand. So maybe I pulled the plug to early :(what to do.Anyone want to go on a road trip!

Back