Best battery booster

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by pescador, Feb 12, 2018.

1. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

I plan on carrying a battery booster on board this year. Any recommendations? I’ll need to crank over a 225 Yam if batteries died. I see Noco looks pretty decent. Not sure how much power I need though to crank the motor reasonable.

Nakoda boater likes this.
  2. gungadin

gungadin Well-Known Member

3. Corey_lax

Corey_lax Active Member

I have this one from Canadian tire that was on sale for $100 I think when I bought it. I read reviews and specs and it seemed rated pretty good compared to more expensive ones on amazon. I’ve only had to use it to start my old f150 that sat for a month and the battery wouldn’t even turn a light on because it was so dead. It took care of that just fine so I’m sure it would be fine for any outboard.

Attached Files:

4. bigbruce

bigbruce Crew Member

That's the one I have to start my 5 litre Volvo Penta. They go on sale (25% off) at CT quite frequently.

kaelc likes this.
  5. bigdogg1

bigdogg1 Active Member

x2 - same unit and it has always performed as described

6. pescador

Thanks gents. I'd heard the Noco's were good. Didn't really want to spend $160. Will wait till they go on sale.

7. Trophy

Trophy Active Member

X3. On sale every other week it seems. Have a Noco Genius charger as well, works great.

8. kaelc

kaelc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendations. Anyone who is in a hurry to buy a boat should bring one of these, if not grinding the seller into putting new batteries and coming back the next day worked for me!

9. pescador

Bought one on Amazon for $135

10. Ian wagner

Ian wagner Member

On sale right now at ct 99$ reg 139$ 750a or 1500a for 179$ sale ends Wednesday