Bearing and hub for ez loader

Daveroo

I need to replace bearings and possibly hub for an ez loader single axle trailer. Mine went kaput on me today. What is the best way to ensure I buy the right sizes? Do all ez loader single axle trailers use same bearings and hubs? I just need the parts. I have someone who can help me change them.

Not sure where you live but I went to Sherwood Marine on Vancouver Island and all they wanted to know was the number of studs I had on the wheels. They supplied the complete kit that I needed for my single axle ex loader trailer.

Take the old ones, including dust seals, in with you to someplace like Lordco or Napa etc. They should be able to give you the right parts to get you going in the right direction. Some trailers even have different size hubs in each end, depending what the other trailer owner did before you got it. If it’s from new you will be all right. One of my last trailers had a wheel bearing replaced and it was different from the other side. Real pain when replacing bearings etc.

Oly

Single axle ezloaders should have either 2000 or 3500 lb axles.The inner and outer bearing cages will have the # stamped on them. Probably something like L44649 for the outer bearing, and L68149 for the inner bearing. The races will be stamped#L68111 for the inner and #L44610 for the outer if the bearings are for a 2000 lb. axle. Regardless, whatever # is stamped on the bearings and races is all the info you need. If you can find Timken bearings, buy them otherwise it's the cheap junk from China most stores stock, they'll work. Just keep an eye on them and check them regularly. Don't forget new rear dust seals, they can be hard to remove without damaging, rendering them useless.

If you go to lordco or Napa make sure it’s a double lip seal a single won’t stand up to water pressure when launching, go to high liner trailer on annicis island they will also hook you up

Don't bother going to lordco I tried and they didn't have the proper seals and bearings. I believe there is a place in Langley that sells the rear seals and probably the bearings but I can't remember the name of the place. You can also order from ez loader and that would be the easiest. The rear seals have to be the right ones or else you will get water in them.

I converted to integrated hub disc brakes so I have a set of complete oil bath hubs from a 2013 EZ Loader trailer with 3500 lb axle. Let me know if interested.

Single axle ezloaders should have either 2000 or 3500 lb axles.The inner and outer bearing cages will have the # stamped on them. Probably something like L44649 for the outer bearing, and L68149 for the inner bearing. The races will be stamped#L68111 for the inner and #L44610 for the outer if the bearings are for a 2000 lb. axle. Regardless, whatever # is stamped on the bearings and races is all the info you need. If you can find Timken bearings, buy them otherwise it's the cheap junk from China most stores stock, they'll work. Just keep an eye on them and check them regularly. Don't forget new rear dust seals, they can be hard to remove without damaging, rendering them useless.
Used to think the same thing until I found out Timken bearings are now made in China also. Don't even know if you can source bearings made in North America anymore.

like oly said "take the hubs in and have the axle ends sized at berring points.why try to seat new races with bearing,when you can buy new hubs pre seated races for 78 $ .Remember the cost of each stud and nut is worth the cost of the whole hub and berring assembly.Replace them and save your axle ends.ps replace cotter pin with new correct fitting pin.

Go to sealand rv in Richmond. Marty has everything you need. I just did all my brgs and seals in spring on my ez loader. Yes there are different size brgs he matched mine up.
You'll thank me later.
Viking

I second Highliner. Keith is very knowledgeable and helpful. As far as I know they are not on Annis Island , but are in Delta just off River Road.
Highliner Trailers Ltd.
7188 Vantage Way
Delta, BC
Canada V4G 1K7

Telephone: 604-946-6177
Toll-free: 1-877-445-4637

I need to replace bearings and possibly hub for an ez loader single axle trailer. Mine went kaput on me today. What is the best way to ensure I buy the right sizes? Do all ez loader single axle trailers use same bearings and hubs? I just need the parts. I have someone who can help me change them.

Was it fairly easy to change the hubs on your ez loader trailer?? Any surprises?? Need to do the same myself and have the replacement kits ordered.

I had help from my bro-in-law who has experience with doing this on cars. Without him I would have struggled with disassembling and reassembling the clips and nuts etc to remove the hub. The built up rust also meant we had to do some sanding of the axle to get the new hub in. So, not a cakewalk but very doable.

I have had to do a bearing replacement on the side of the road before. With the right tools it is a relatively easy task. Make sure to prepack the bearing properly and dont overtorque the crown nut when reassembling. Double lip rear seals are a must.
Learn how to do them right and it may save a fishing trip one day. Thats why I trailer with a replacement kit now.

Back