Search results

1. Woody

Central Coast 2021

I started a thread a couple weeks back regarding Central Coast that was promptly shut down. I was looking to confirm a rumour I was told regarding the heltsuk nation telling all operators of the Central coast lodges to not plan on operating for the 2021 season, despite the entire Heltsuk nation...
  2. Woody

Central Coast 2021

Just heard a rumour that the Heltsuk have already announced to all tourism operators in the area to not plan on any operations for this season. Seems like a touch early to be making that call. I believe they have already been vaccinated, and most of the population should be by the summer fishing...
  3. Woody

Shaved Ice between ferry & gold river?

Wheres the best place to fill a couple marine coolers with shaved iced getting off ferry in nanaimo, headed to Gold River? Thx, Woody
  4. Woody

Shearwater forced to close

Shearwater on BC’s central coast just forced to close yesterday by the Heltsuik first nation in bella bella. I don’t understand why this is needed when everyone in the area is not permitted to stop in Bella Bella anyway. The demands for exclusivity to vast areas of the coast by a certain race...
  5. Woody

Bella Coola Hwy

Hey all, Been hearing rumours of access to the Central coast being closed off by road blocks indefinitely. Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge of this?
  6. Woody

West coast accomadation options

Hey all, Trying to book a place somewhere on the west coast for a crew of friends that do an annual trip BC day long weekend. We are approx. 24 guys on 6 of our own boats, looking for 5 nights of oceanside accomadation that has moorage. Arriving Thursday Aug.2- departing tuesday Aug.7 Does...
  7. Woody

FISHING RUPERT area during CANUCKS CUP Drive?? HELP!!

Going to be fishing the Dundas island area out of Rupert june 8th-15th .We will watch game 4 in Rupert before we head out after the game, but we stand to miss Canucks vs. Boston Game 5 ( friday june 10) and game 6 (monday june 13)??? We're living on my buddies 28' harbercraft for the week and...
  8. Woody

200 Mercury Sport Jet

Looking for a Mercury 200 Sport Jet with reasonably low hours for a new boat being built. Cheers, Woody
  9. Woody

Yamaha HPDI motors

Like to hear views of people with experience running Yamaha HPDI motors. Like em or rather go 4 stroke? Looking at a boat with twin 150 HPDI's. I know nothing about them. Thanks.
  10. Woody

Polar boats

Does anyone have any insight on the quality of Polar boats? A fair few of them for sale out east. Thanks for any info you may have to share.
  11. Woody

FIRST NATIONS selling SOCKEYE ?!?!

Returning from a quick weekend of fishing in Tofino around 4pm sunday July 11th, I was infuriated to see almost every house in the Native reserve on the west side of Port Alberni with SOCKEYE FOR SALE signs posted loud and proud, and sitting at the end of their driveways selling coolers full of...
  12. Woody

Looking for 21-24' fishing machine

A friend just bought my 19' campion and I now need to find another boat ASAP. I just had an operation on my leg from dirt bike crash and won't need another boat till early August. So I have just over a month, and LOTS of time on my hands to find a 21-24' fishing machine with a cuddy and a four...
  13. Woody

Nootka/Esperanza reports 2010

Hey all, Anyone have any Nootka sound or Esperanza reports for this year? Heading out that way for our first WCVI trip in a couple weeks. Havn't noticed any topics for this area. Looking forward to getting another season of WC fishing underway. Counting the sleeps...
  14. Woody

INshore TOFINO Or UKE?

Fishing WCVI Tofino area right now with gale warnings and limited to inshore fishing. Yesterday was painfully slow, lots of weeds, kelp etc. With winds expected to be high for a couple days, looking for inshore fishing suggestions/ tips. TOFINO or UKE? Thanks in advance, Woody
  15. Woody

Islander reels

Looking to buy 2 Islander mooching reels. Any hot leads??? 2nd hand ones available? Cheers, Woody
  16. Woody

Tofino Reports

Any Reports from Tofino these days? Where's Jay with all his updates? Gonna be fishing the area for a few days next week and wondering how it's been? Thanx
  17. Woody

Fishing Prince Rupert

Heading to Rupert Aug.14th-19th for 1st time. Looking for some fishing reports and any tips on fishing the area would be great. Will be on my buddies 28' Harbour Craft King fisher. I Normally fish WCVI in Nootka, Esperanza, Barkley sound and Tofino areas on my 19' campion explorer. Can't wait to...
Back