Nootka/Esperanza reports 2010

Woody

Hey all, Anyone have any Nootka sound or Esperanza reports for this year? Heading out that way for our first WCVI trip in a couple weeks. Havn't noticed any topics for this area. Looking forward to getting another season of WC fishing underway. Counting the sleeps...

Was up there about a week ago, not too much happening. in 5 days saw one small school of bait. The bottom fish we got the stomachs were empty and the fish were biting on anything you sent down to them.
Watch the green can of the roadsteds there, either in is drifting or was placedback in the wrong spot after it was services.

Thanks for that. Did you make it out to the HWY? Good to hear the bottom fish are hungry? Wierd about the green marker, thanks for the heads up. Any salmon targeted or caught?

Is there really nobody fishing Nootka/Esperanza that wants to share a story or 2?

Woody...

I have heard a "bit North" of there in Kyuquot that the fishing was VERY good up until I last spoke to a friend up there last Thursday.

Who knows....things may have changed but that only means the fish are headin' on south past the areas you mentioned.

quote:Originally posted by Woody

Is there really nobody fishing Nootka/Esperanza that wants to share a story or 2?
Woody, you are still a tad bit early for that area, including Kyuquot. Most of the lodges are just now starting to fire up for the season. Give it about another week or so and I think you will be getting some reports - for salmon? Good I hope!

Most of the fishing this early would be all those favorite spots closer to the mouths of Nootka and Esperanza, and the highway. All three of those areas, close to shore is all about Conuma! Biggest question I will have and interested in, is how's the Conuma return counts?

Thanks for the replies guys. We have usually made this trip around June 1st to Nootka/ Esperanza and decided to push it back almost 3 weeks to have more salmon fishing included. We have always done really well on the bottom fish, but we found last year when we were at our limits by day #2 on Hali that the salmon fishing was very slow if you couldn't get off-shore due to wind.We have ventured on a couple occasions up into Kyuquot and had good hali succsess. Hopefully the 3 weeks makes a difference in salmon and weather. This jet stream has to change into some nice weather soon??

Woody...

The 3rd/4th week of June in Kyuquot was HOT last year. Great fishing for late June (or anytime ;) ) with LOTS of springs around and coho that were a pain in the arse after a day or two.

One of the members here was there a week or so after us and it sounded as though the fish had moved on, so you just never know.

Back