Polar boats

Woody

Does anyone have any insight on the quality of Polar boats? A fair few of them for sale out east. Thanks for any info you may have to share.

A buddy of mine owns a 23 footer with twin 115 Mercs on it and it is a great stable fishing platform. Huge fuel capacity good for long trips.

My neighbors buddy has a 23' He got it out of the states twin 150 Yamaha's with only 50 hours. I had a look at it, very nice boat, huge cuddy he loves it. Lots of boat out of the water might be prone to a little more wind, looks like a quality boat though, look them up on line.

I have no knowledge good or bad about Polar Boats. They look nice and the 27WA and 23WA seem well laid out. However, I did find this thread on The Hull Truth that could provide some useful incite.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/218696-polar-boats-jewel-junk.html

I am not recommending anything either way in your decision to buy a Polar but remember to be extra cautious about hull issues before you pull the trigger if this is the word on the street. Get a surveyor's report. Saving a buck today may not turn out to be a good experience or a good deal in the long term.

Good luck finding a new rig

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

I have no knowledge good or bad about Polar Boats. They look nice and the 27WA and 23WA seem well laid out. However, I did find this thread on The Hull Truth that could provide some useful incite.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/218696-polar-boats-jewel-junk.html

I am not recommending anything either way in your decision to buy a Polar but remember to be extra cautious about hull issues before you pull the trigger if this is the word on the street. Get a surveyor's report. Saving a buck today may not turn out to be a good experience or a good deal in the long term.

Good luck finding a new rig

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Back