Search results

1. T

9.9 Kicker - Suzuki vs Merc

Have to replace our 2003 9.9 Merc kicker on our 182 Malibu. She had a good life with 1000s of hours. Narrowed it down to Suzuki and Merc mainly to match the black of the Suzuki 140 main. Any comments on these kickers? Any problems with either of these? Would consider a yamaha but if all is...
  2. T

Recommendations - Roof for 182 Malibu

Looking for a place build a roof for an 182 Malibu. Located in Victoria but willing to travel up island. Any recommendations? Thank you in advance!
  3. T

Thoughts on re-powering an 182 Malibu?

Looking like we will have to re-power our 2003 182 Malibu. Currently has a 2004 115 Mercury 4 stroke on it. The 115 is fine with 2 guys and all the gear but anymore it can struggle. Thinking a 150 would be a better size (max for the boat is a 175). Seems everyone has their opinion on what brand...
  4. T

King Island Fishing Tactics

Hey guys, My old man is heading up to camp in a month on King Island and he will be situated in Jenny Bay. Him and I have never fished up there before and I was wondering if any of you have. Just looking for some general areas for bottom and salmon fishing. For salmon do they run downriggers...
  5. T

Mackerel rigging for halibut

I was up in Bamfield last summer and caught a bunch of Mackerel about a foot long. We vacuum packed them up for hali bait. I haven't had much sucess using mackerel so I'm wondering what do you find to be the best way to rig these things up? Thanks, Shaun
  6. T

Interesting salmon article

Just read this one and I thought I would share.... Globe and Mail, Page S01, 03-Dec-2008 Overfishing pushing salmon stocks near collapse, study warns By Mark Hume VANCOUVER Salmon stocks in British Columbia are on the brink of collapse largely because the federal Department of...
  7. T

Victoria/Sooke Halibut Question..

Correct me if I'm wrong... in the Vic/Sooke area Hali fishing is the best from March - end of May. This probably is due to their breeding season. Why does the fishing get worse after that?? Thanks in advance, T
  8. T

Hali Leaders

I was just wondering the length, strenght of line, and size of hooks people use off their spreader bars in the victoria area for halis. Thanks
  9. T

chum bag on anchor for halis?

Is it illegal to attach a chum bag to you anchor? If not, would you recommend it for fishing halis? keep in mind this is for the sooke/victoria area Thanks, Trowser
Back