Search results

1. Charlie

DFO still says NO ISA???

From: Fred Kibenge To: Simon Jones@dfo-mpo.gc.ca Date: 14/11/201111:28 AM Subject: RE: Re: Paper CC: Laura Richards; Mark Higgins; Mark Saunders; Molly Kibenge; Stewart ... Dear Simon, Thank you for your input on the publication question and for the information about the Cohen...
  2. Charlie

Lethal Atlantic salmon virus found in BC sockeye

The whole article is here: Lethal Atlantic salmon virus found in BC sockeye That would be "wild" BC Sockeye and guess where? That would be Campbell River! Guess there isn't much more to say, other than get those fish farms out of the water!
  3. Charlie

This just might be important!

Hello Shortly after I sent my email last night, you began emailing the Premier askingher instruct the provincial lawyer to retract opposition to release of theprovincial salmon farm disease records. After lunch the lawyer stood up and didjust that! So now I can finally tell you why I think...
  4. Charlie

Voices for Wild Salmon Needed

Hello I am deep in research preparing for the late August aquaculture hearings by the Cohen Commission. While I cannot speak about those findings, because confidentiality is required to have access to the Cohen documents, much of my research has taken me into the public realm. In the first...
  5. Charlie

Challenging ITQs: THE CANADIAN SITUATION

Yea, I know someone is probably going to yell this is in the wrong place, but it still has to do with saltwater and want to make sure no one misses IronNoggin’s post! What if the Halibut Shoe was on the Other Foot? While I'm complimented about thoroughness & research all the time, this my...
  6. Charlie

2009 Fraser Sockeye & State of the Ocean

I was just reading up on the difference between the Fraser River 2009 and 2010 Sockeye returns, looking for some reason for why a collapse one year and record return the next. It is kind of interesting, as there isn’t much difference in the State of the Pacific Ocean between the years...
  7. Charlie

The Fraser Recovery Plan! :)

Yea, this stupid Yank is starting ****, again! :D But this just might work? [V] IMHO - You don’t need any more organizations, you have enough already! Just use them! But ask - How many of that over one half of the 130,000 First Nations citizens on the Fraser do you think the Union of BC...
  8. Charlie

Government Memos?

Houston... we have a "PROBLEM"! Government memos reveal fish farmers pressured government to keep sea lice drugs secret, six years before biologist Alexandra Morton made it public A series of government memos reveal a heated debate in 1995 over a sea louse outbreak on a farm salmon on the...
  9. Charlie

Is he "fishing" ?

Is so, I might have to try his bait! :) If you haven’t looked at this yet, you might find the below interesting? Play the video! And yes, I do already have a few on board, in case I run out of bait, but haven’t put them to the test, yet! http://baitrix.com/
  10. Charlie

To "Set" or "Not to Set" ?

To set or not to set? That is a question that usually draws some "always set" comments and answers? :D I think you will find anglers as a whole, usually opinionated on this subject. Normally, if you get around a group and want to get a good conversaton going, all you have to do is ask, “When...
  11. Charlie

Salmon Forcast Update!

FYI, here is the current Forecast of Adult Returns for Coho in 2010 and Chinook Salmon in 2011 from Northwest Fisheries Science Center http://www.nwfsc.noaa.gov/research/divisions/fed/oeip/g-forecast.cfm
  12. Charlie

Happy New Year, to ALL!

:):)
  13. Charlie

I am a consumer!

This is a letter sent to the U.S. FDA with copies to the PM and DFO. It was also sent to every major importer/retailer in the U.S. I was asked to share this information with you, so here it is: I am a consumer, as such I will no longer be supporting any establishments importing or providing...
  14. Charlie

Petition- Judicial Inquiry into Fraser Sockeye

Hello All Good News Finally! Peter Julian, Member of Parliament – New Westminster has just launched a petition for a Judicial Inquiry into the Fraser sockeye crash. CONSIDER THIS: If there had been a Judicial Inquiry into the declining North Atlantic cod, we would have rebuilt that fish...
  15. Charlie

"The Double Whammy"

All I can say… my little article, is starting to get some attention. http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13374&whichpage=1 Both Ian Roberts (Marine Harvest) and Alexandra Morton are reading and responding. They certainly bring some knowledge, insight, and validation to my...
  16. Charlie

Migration Routes

I finally found it and you are going to love watching this! :D:D[8D] I have known this exsisted for several years, but couldn't find it. This information exsists for all tagged fish under the "Post" program! If you notice the bottom left hand corner, it shows the date! The name of the...
  17. Charlie

Baked Salmon

This is really good and is my Favorite Baked Salmon! :) Ingredients: Salmon fillets, any portion or size 2 oz Lemon Juice Chopped Onion (dried) Sprinkled on top Garlic Powder Mayonnaise Cover entirely Mrs. Dash Butter cut into pieces Dill Weed Paprika Directions: Place...
  18. Charlie

"British Columbia First Nation" ?

So, in response to one of our favorite forum member comments I decided to find out just what First Nations (TFN) was doing for the protection and conservation of the BC salmon fishery. While I could not find much of anything being done in the form of protection, conservation, or restoration, I...
  19. Charlie

Tuna Information

I have been asked to post the information I have on Albacore. Okay, here it comes! :) This does come with a disclaimer! I wrote very little of this. It has been assembled from information gained from others, who know what they are doing... NOT ME! I take NO CREDIT! :D Now let's...
  20. Charlie

Power Consumption

Just thought I'd share this. I don't think everyone understands just how many amperes a typical boat uses. This is a chart of a typical power usage (based on my equipment), when a boat is running with minimal equipment; as you are trolling, and if by some stupid chance everything is turned...
Back