Petition- Judicial Inquiry into Fraser Sockeye

Charlie

Hello All

Good News Finally! Peter Julian, Member of Parliament – New Westminster has just launched a petition for a Judicial Inquiry into the Fraser sockeye crash.

CONSIDER THIS: If there had been a Judicial Inquiry into the declining North Atlantic cod, we would have rebuilt that fish stock by now because we would have discovered that the critical research by Dr. Ransom Myers of DFO was being suppressed by DFO (Department of Fisheries and Oceans).

Here we are again. DFO is completely silent, they have not even acknowledged that the Fraser sockeye crash pattern is extremely specific and provided the media with misinformation.

A judicial inquiry will place people under oath so they can be heard over the politics.

Please go to Peter Julian’s website: http://peterjulian.ndp.ca/node/864

And download the petition document, and sign: http://peterjulian.ndp.ca/sites/def...nquiry on salmon crisis_October 2009.ENG_.pdf

This has to be a paper copy, there can be 1 signature on a page, or a full page of signatures, the address is on the document and postage to the federal government is free.

You cannot say you care about wild salmon if you don’t make this effort. This will make a very big difference in the future of BC and the eastern pacific.

Alexandra Morton
Www.adopt-a-fry.org

I fully support this petition. We need to use every and all tactics available to us as citizens to get our apathetic government to wake up and take action to prevent what the diaster they let happen on the east coast.

I challenge all the members of this forum to print up the petition and fill it with as many signatures they can and then mail it off to be counted. There is only one certainty regarding this issue. Inaction on the part of sports fisherman will lead to further loss of our wild salmon.

Long live wild salmon!!!

Each member can certainly get 25 of his /her buddies to sign. When the form is filled out mail it to the address included in the printout.

This has to made clear to our representatives once and for all!

HL

Might be an idea for people to post it at work or school if possible the extra names and effort may go along ways to help. I will send at least a full page in when I am back in country (neighbors, friends, family).

First day out and I have my petition almost full with signatures.

That was just on the drive to work to boot. Imagine how many signatures we could get if we all said a few words to those outside our circles.

Something to consider folks ...

These petitions are not your regular petitions. The are petitioning the House of Commons in Ottawa. Their purpose is to give the oppostion party (in this instance Peter Julian NDP) the opportunity to bring the issue up in the House during daily question period in order to demand the Conservative government address the problem.

I know from using these before they must be completed by hand and signed by the individuals on the petition. They are checked by the House of Commons clerks office before being usuable in the House. I am not sure if only one or a few signature(s) is/are acceptable as I understood that the petition needed to be completed by 25 petioners before it could be submitted to the clerk.

It is a great thing to do, but let's not waste our time and energy on something that can't be used. Perhaps print off a couple of copies and take them to the local tackle shop, marina or your work to get 25 real signatures and then send it off.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

If I understand,"they must be "completely" completed by hand and signed by the individuals on the petition", with the "originals sent" or they won't be counted.

With all the pissing and moaning I read on here I thought there would be more response on this subject. We have all been looking for someone to bring this to the forefront here`s the chance so I say let`s do our part. Thanks to those that have and to Charlie for starting the topic

Iam in ! Thanks to Hl for bring the form along with the speakers. Cheers FC

iF YOU KNOW ANY COMMERCIAL FISHERMEN GET THIS TO THEM ALSO, THEY ARE JUST AS CONCERNED AS WE ARE!!! HAVE SPREAD IT AROUND THE DOCKS HERE IN HARDY, AND HAVE A COUPLE FILLED OUT NOW.

Hello

Thank you SO much to ALL of you for contacting your MPs and the Prime Minister of Canada. A Judicial Inquiry into the disappearance of the Fraser sockeye salmon has just been called by Prime Minister Harper!

We don't know the scope of this Inquiry yet, we will learn that tomorrow, so optimism is cautious. It is essential that the scope of the mandate include review of events in the marine environment

This is the first step to straightening out the tangled politics that I feel is killing our wild fish and I owe great thanks to you.

Alexandra Morton

Must have been the letters "we" wrote! :D

"I doubt much will change. I believe this is the 3rd possibly 4th inquiry into our west coast salmon decline since the early 60's. I can tell you right now what will happen. They will get all the experts in the field to submit theories. Lots of media attention on the causes and DFO will implement none of the findings. In another 10 years we will have another federal enquiry and the process will repeat itself."

Hmmm... this is what "Your" fish farmers are saying... Just maybe, it's time you should let them know... who in the "hell" is running your country? Is it Norway? or Canada?

Thank you SO much to ALL of you for contacting your MPs and the Prime Minister of Canada. A Judicial Inquiry into the disappearance of the Fraser sockeye salmon has just been called by Prime Minister Harper!

We don't know the scope of this Inquiry yet, we will learn that tomorrow, so optimism is cautious. It is essential that the scope of the mandate include review of events in the marine environment

This is the first step to straightening out the tangled politics that I feel is killing our wild fish and I owe great thanks to you.

Alexandra Morton

Must have been the letters "we" wrote! :D
[/quote]

Also remove more of that pesky gravel... just gets in their way really.

Hey Alexandra, I just read this - do you still need these petitions signed and mailed in? I have 30 people coming to my party tonight and I'll get them all to sign it. I'll also take a copy to Trotac and get them to pass it around.

Back