Search results

1. Tight Roll

Yamaha Timing Belt Replacement?

My 225 hp motors are within the range of the recommended 1000 hour replacement of the time belts. My mechanic (not a Yamaha dealership) advised against it and said it was a waste of money as they never break. I personally have never heard of anyone having issues. Are people replacing belts as...
  2. Tight Roll

Wanted - Yamaha F225 Outboard

Hi - Looking for a used 2006-2015 3.3 L Yamaha F225 25 inch shaft outboard to match my other running motor. Either rotation would work. Anyone that has one to sell or knows of one - please let me know. Thanks.
  3. Tight Roll

Yamaha F225's For Parts Value

I have 2 dead 2002 Yamaha F225's that are sitting at my marine mechanics shop. Both engines had the exhaust upgraded (before kits were available so I try not to think about how much was invested) not long before they died. One stopped suddenly and the other had head gasket issue and was still...
  4. Tight Roll

Gelcoat/Fiberglass Repair Recommedations

I am looking to have a number of relatively minor touch-ups of my gelcoat on my Grady done. The colour matching seems to be relatively difficult based on my previous experience. Would prefer to have it done in Vancouver or Nanaimo area (from Sunshine Coast) and done while boat is in the water...
  5. Tight Roll

Yamaha F225 Low RPM Fuel Consumption

Hi. I have the 3.3 L F225 Yamaha outboards on my boat. My fuel management system jumps all over (between 0 and 15 L/hr) at trolling rpms such as 600 to 900 rpm so I really don't know how much I am using. Does anyone have some estimated fuel consumption at lower rpm's?
  6. Tight Roll

WTB Yamaha F225XA

Hi. Am looking for a used Yamaha F225XA (25 inch shaft) preferably newer than 2005 with reasonable amount of hours. Could be either rotation. If anyone has one or knows of one for sale, please let me know.
  7. Tight Roll

Daiwa 275B

I recently received an unused Daiwa 275B mooching reel as a gift. The reels looks good and sounds great. I understand that these are old reels and have not been made for about 20 years. Does anyone have any experience with these reels and how do they stack up against todays more modern versions...
  8. Tight Roll

Running to Port Hardy

I'm thinking of running my boat up to Port Hardy from the Vancouver area for a few days of fishing this summer. Would like to get some advice whether this is something that can be done in one day?, how far is it?, do I have to worry (ie - what time do they generally blow up) about the daily...
  9. Tight Roll

Nootka Sound Reports?

We're heading over to Nootka Sound next week and would appreciate any recent reports on how the fishing has been inside and outside. Thanks Tight Roll
  10. Tight Roll

Salt Ice on Island

In past years I've stopped at French Creek on my way up the Island to load the coolers with salt ice. It's a bit out of the way so can anyone suggest any other suppliers between Nanaimo and Campbell River? Tight Roll
Back