Gelcoat/Fiberglass Repair Recommedations

Tight Roll

I am looking to have a number of relatively minor touch-ups of my gelcoat on my Grady done. The colour matching seems to be relatively difficult based on my previous experience. Would prefer to have it done in Vancouver or Nanaimo area (from Sunshine Coast) and done while boat is in the water. Does anybody have any recommendations on who to use?

I think you're going to have to have the boat lifted and placed under cover out of the rain. I has used watertight at lions gate marina for more than a few gel coat chips over the past 3 years and the color match has always been perfect. I store mine on a trailer there so it is easy to move to the repair area otherwise you're looking at a ride on the travel lift.

Had my boat gelcoat touched up/ repaired by Jim at Marinerefinishing@gmail.com last year. In my opinion he does excellent work at a reasonable price. Was very pleased as the dark blue was difficult to match. I trailered mine to his location but he is also mobile. His website references the Vancouver marina's where he will do work.
Jim's number is 778-858-3202

Back