And so it begins....

In the middle of sorting out several quotes that I've received so far. Seems strange the ranges in prices so far but I guess each place has their bottom line that they try and keep. I'm going to go either twin 150 Suzuki's or Twin Yamaha 150's. I've owned a few Yamaha's both on my old boat and on a 15' SilverStreak that I still have and they have been great. I got a lot of push from several of the guides in the Marina I'm at. They have made the switch to Suzuki's and all love them. Got a bit of time so hopefully a front runner jumps out soon...lol I got a few more update pictures today as well....starting to take shape!
Saaawwwweeeeeetttt. She's gonna be nice. My buddy has Zuke. He loves it, I've been on the boat several times and would definitely consider one, especially considering the longer warranty

Looks amazing! You must be so stoked!

Regarding motors, from what I understand the Suzuki warranty is 3 years factory warranty plus 3 years third-party extended warranty. So comparable to Yamaha's warranty on offer, with the exception that you have to buy Yamaha's extended warranty as an extra cost. I don't have experience making warranty claims with either manufacturer.

Keep posting pics and updates!:D

Yep....definitely stoked! I know that the Suzuki’s have the longer warranty but not sure that’s going to outweigh my decision at this point. Hard for me to leave a brand I know well for a warranty I may never need. I have always maintained my stuff and so far over the years with every type of toy either land or sea the warranty time has come and gone with out any issues. Hopefully this trend will continue! Lol

Well.....some good news again today from the builder. When I started thinking about a bigger boat almost 2 years ago I considered lots of options. Have one built...pod my Striper and repower it or buy a Grady/Pursuit from the states and bring it up. The one thing that I had in my head was more fishing space. I kept coming to the realization to get what I wanted a 25' boat with a 9' beam was going to suit me best. I still kept looking at boats south of the border but also contacted lots of builders for quotes and ideas. I would always tell them that I wanted....a 25' boat with a pod and a 9' beam. Most were willing to talk but usually added pricing to make it a little less attractive if you didn't stick with what they liked to build. Don't get me wrong....they would all build it but at a premium. After finally making a decision on a builder I again had the discussion about exactly what I wanted. He too had reasons pros and cons of straying too far off a proven hull design. After seeing his work and many conversations I was happy to have a 24' boat with a pod built and an 8'6" beam. I did however mention on several occasions that while he was building it if there was extra length on a sheet of aluminum and it was more work to cut it I wouldn't be mad if I got an extra inch or two here and there....lol He actually took note and said "good to know" Anyways....I didn't think about it much since the pictures started rolling in but there is always that little bit of "should of" that creeps into my head. So today I get an e-mail from him saying that since the basic hull shape is done he was able to get me the extra foot I wanted and a little more beam. YES!!! The final hull as it sits now is 25' with a 9'3" beam. He said he kept it in mind and it just worked out better during the build. So again not real exciting for anyone other than me but now I feel that not only I'm I getting a boat built but truly a custom one. I guess I went with the right builder! :)

Last edited:
That’s awesome and it’s going to make this boat all the more special to YOU which is what counts. I only wish that a build like this may be a dream for me but unless a lottery is won, probably not. Love seeing the build process though and can always dream. Great thread.

Oly

Well.....some good news again today from the builder. When I started thinking about a bigger boat almost 2 years ago I considered lots of options. Have one built...pod my Striper and repower it or buy a Grady/Pursuit from the states and bring it up. The one thing that I had in my head was more fishing space. I kept coming to the realization to get what I wanted a 25' boat with a 9' beam was going to suit me best. I still kept looking at boats south of the border but also contacted lots of builders for quotes and ideas. I would always tell them that I wanted....a 25' boat with a pod and a 9' beam. Most were willing to talk but usually added pricing to make it a little less attractive if you didn't stick with what they liked to build. Don't get me wrong....they would all build it but at a premium. After finally making a decision on a builder I again had the discussion about exactly what I wanted. He too had reasons pros and cons of straying too far off a proven hull design. After seeing his work and many conversations I was happy to have a 24' boat with a pod built and an 8'6" beam. I did however mention on several occasions that while he was building it if there was extra length on a sheet of aluminum and it was more work to cut it I wouldn't be mad if I got an extra inch or two here and there....lol He actually took note and said "good to know" Anyways....I didn't think about it much since the pictures started rolling in but there is always that little bit of "should of" that creeps into my head. So today I get an e-mail from him saying that since the basic hull shape is done he was able to get me the extra foot I wanted and a little more beam. YES!!! The final hull as it sits now is 25' with a 9'3" beam. He said he kept it in mind and it just worked out better during the build. So again not real exciting for anyone other than me but now I feel that not only I'm I getting a boat built boat truly a custom one. I guess I went with the right builder! :)

That’s awesome and it’s going to make this boat all the more special to YOU which is what counts. I only wish that a build like this may be a dream for me but unless a lottery is won, probably not. Love seeing the build process though and can always dream. Great thread.

Oly

Thanks Oly! I’m pretty sure I bought the winning 60 million ticket this week...lol

I just caught myself whispering “wow!” To myself out loud while gawking at the pictures. Congratulations on your one of a kind vessel. Keep those pics coming

Got a few new pictures today. Kind of nice since it's my anniversary today! Well....nice for me anyways...lol It looks like he has taken it off the stands and appears that it floats well in air. The boat is getting flipped to do all the bottom welding before the floor gets done. The last picture shows the pipe for the 4" scuppers that are on both sides for the self bailing deck. It looks like he has also started to mount the brackets for the trim tabs. I'm looking forward to seeing how the welds all turn out and not just seeing it all tacked in place.

Attachments

• pic61.jpg
    pic61.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 318
  • pic62.jpg
    pic62.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 322
  • pic64.jpg
    pic64.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 314
  • pic65.jpg
    pic65.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 308
  • pic66.jpg
    pic66.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 309
  • pic67.jpg
    pic67.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Well I don't have any update pictures but hoping for some this week. I did add these next to new Shockwave S5 bases to the build collection. Looking forward to putting them to use......Thanks @Policeman44

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1660.JPG
    IMG_1660.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 242
Still waiting on update pictures....:( But I did get a few e-mails from the builder yesterday. The bottom is now fully welded so looking forward to seeing that. They also began laying out the floor and came up with a great layout for what I wanted. The Cabin length is going to be 6'6" and the dance floor is going to 7'10" :) Going to be nice to have the extra deck space and it really helped him adding the extra foot to the boat. I had it in my head that 8' was the magic number for the deck and he pretty much nailed it! Going to post pictures when I get them...it's like waiting for Christmas to come except MUCH worse! lol

I have a promise of update pictures today....hopefully they show up or I might have to start on medication. Lol. I do have an additional update for the build. I bought the trailer for the boat this week and will pick it up the beginning of November when I fly out to finally see the build in person. I went with an 8500lbs Tuff Trailer. It will have electric over hydraulic disc brakes and adjusts up to 27 feet so should fit this boat nicely. I looked at lots of options both new and used and this seemed to tick all the boxes for me anyways. Anyone else use a Tuff trailer for their rig?:) I’m also considering installing the plastic bunk slides on the trailer. Looking for feedback on those as well. I have heard a few bad stories with aluminium boats sitting on carpeted bunks over time.

Attachments

• IMG_1499.JPG
    IMG_1499.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I have a 6000lb tuff trailer aluminum new this year with my boat I got. Very happy with it. Tows great, aluminum and stainless hardware. Torsion axles are great and the vault sealed bearings are a nice addition. Definetly don't regret my purchase as I'm sure it will outlast any of the other options I had. You wont regret it!

I have a promise of update pictures today....hopefully they show up or I might have to start on medication. Lol. I do have an additional update for the build. I bought the trailer for the boat this week and will pick it up the beginning of November when I fly out to finally see the build in person. I went with an 8500lbs Tuff Trailer. It will have electric over hydraulic disc brakes and adjusts up to 27 feet so should fit this boat nicely. I looked at lots of options both new and used and this seemed to tick all the boxes for me anyways. Anyone else use a Tuff trailer for their rig?:) I’m also considering installing the plastic bunk slides on the trailer. Looking for feedback on those as well. I have heard a few bad stories with aluminium boats sitting on carpeted bunks over time.

....Looking for feedback on those as well. I have heard a few bad stories with aluminium boats sitting on carpeted bunks over time.
Pressure treated wood with wet carpet from salt water and an aluminum hull not a good mixture. Plastic strips on the bunks will prevent the chemical reaction on the hull.

Pressure treated wood with wet carpet from salt water and an aluminum hull not a good mixture. Plastic strips on the bunks will prevent the chemical reaction on the hull.

I’m guessing if it’s not pressure treated wood then the only risk then with carpeted bunks is that they hold salt in the carpet in contact with the hull. I think I’m going to line the bunks anyways otherwise I’ll always be worrying about it.

Back