And so it begins....

The receipt comment was tongue in cheek. LOL. That spot in Renfrew looks amazing. Is that a creek coming in or just surf coming into the tiny inlet. Awesome looking spot, even if it had no fish it would want to go there.

Oly

Yeah I figured that Oly....lol. No it’s not a creek coming in there just a small spot washed out of the rock. At low tide there is a sandy/shell beach there that looks like the tropics. Definitely a cool spot....:)

Well.....first day back to work and I had a nice surprise.....BOAT PICTURES! Not real exciting pics but I'm still pretty excited! :)

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 442
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 437
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 426
  • Pic5.jpg
    Pic5.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 423
  • Pic7.jpg
    Pic7.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 445
Cool thread. Fun to see the process. How long till she gets splashed? Couple months?

Well.....first day back to work and I had a nice surprise.....BOAT PICTURES! Not real exciting pics but I'm still pretty excited! :)
Looks pretty much ready to fish. Just slap on an motor and a couple of DR's and away you go!

Cool thread. Fun to see the process. How long till she gets splashed? Couple months?

It’s supposed to be done by early in the new year but it’s a fairly loose schedule that works for both of us. The builder has a few breaks planned for family stuff. I’m planning on coming out once I can walk on it probably by December.

Looks like they've built a boat or two.

Definitely not the first one for him. I’m not positive but I’m pretty sure he said this would be hull number 34 or 35 of all sizes when he gave me the serial number.

Last edited:
Some pictures on the Port side sheet going on. Lots of work involved getting it all shaped right. He builds a box style support system in the floor once the sides are on that takes a lot of time. It will slow down a bit a that point but that's where it will get its strength from. Starting to look like a boat now!

Attachments

• pic24.jpg
    pic24.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 289
  • pic29.jpg
    pic29.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 285
  • pic33.jpg
    pic33.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 280
  • pic35.jpg
    pic35.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 283
  • pic38.jpg
    pic38.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 287
In the middle of sorting out several quotes that I've received so far. Seems strange the ranges in prices so far but I guess each place has their bottom line that they try and keep. I'm going to go either twin 150 Suzuki's or Twin Yamaha 150's. I've owned a few Yamaha's both on my old boat and on a 15' SilverStreak that I still have and they have been great. I got a lot of push from several of the guides in the Marina I'm at. They have made the switch to Suzuki's and all love them. Got a bit of time so hopefully a front runner jumps out soon...lol I got a few more update pictures today as well....starting to take shape!

Attachments

• pic48.jpg
    pic48.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 292
  • pic52.jpg
    pic52.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 275
  • pic53.jpg
    pic53.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 288
Looks great. I like having a full width platform/swim grid across the back. Are you planning on putting one on top of the pod?

It gets used quite a bit. Netting, engine maintenance, boarding, storage, etc etc.

Looks great. I like having a full width platform/swim grid across the back. Are you planning on putting one on top of the pod?

It gets used quite a bit. Netting, engine maintenance, boarding, storage, etc etc.

Yes it will definitely be full width with a kicker bracket on the port side. I have seen how he has done a few of his pods and like what he builds. Your right it will get used for a lot things and just getting stuff out of the way at times. What I’m really hoping is to use it for bleeding a few tuna next year! :)

Just talked with the builder today. They installed the pipe rub rail today and will finish welding it in place. They might be a bit ahead of schedule so far but that can change. He says they will be flipping the boat over in the next few days to complete all the welding on the bottom of the hull. Then the next phase is building the sub floor structure. After that it will be foam filled with floatation foam and the aluminum deck will be fitted. He's thinking that will be about 3 weeks to complete the floor. Anyways....a few more update pics....

Attachments

• pic55.jpg
    pic55.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 269
  • pic59.jpg
    pic59.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 272
  • pic60.jpg
    pic60.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Back