Help Wanted. Going to Shearwater - might get to go fishing.

I'm heading up to Shearwater for a week for work, and might have access to a boat to do some evening fishing. I'm going to take some gear up with me just in case, but have no idea where to go. Is there any fishing right in front of Shearwater or do you have to make a run? I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, at least give enough info to get me started. Any insight is much appreciated! SS.

Best most consistent fishing is in Cultus or Milbanke Sound, but you have to battle the inflow winds, maybe you can arrange a day off to try one. Closer to Shearwater is Idol Point (1/2 way to Milbanke 1/2 hour'ish run). Hug the shoreline to Milbanke, most of Shearwater's clients do their afternoon fish there. You never said when you are going, later in the summer Dryad might work ( couple of miles from Shearwater). Take some gear.

I've caught Coho right in front of Shearwater but that was in September they were everywhere then.

Fish are everywhere up there, idol point is about 20mins from shearwater. Coyote spoons, Bait hootchie all work. I have watched a guy land a tyee right off the point at the light house pretty much in town

Had a buddy working up there for a couple days last week and they got a couple in a short evening fish I believe at Idol.

Thanks guys! I head up tomorrow - I'm really hoping this works out and I get out on the water. Cheers! SS

I got out last night after work for an hour of fishing at Idol Point. Hooked up 1 pink and got to see some humpbacks. One of the lodge guests brought in a #30 spring the other day. Seems like guests are picking up coho, large pinks, and chum, but not so many springs. Mike Mitchell from BCOSF has his boat here, and Tim Milne just showed up with his boat, so maybe this is this place to be?? LOL. I'm here for another week so hopefully get another chance or two. Might just try the lighthouse though - lots of jumpers there last night on the way home. SS.

I got out after work for a couple hours tonight - 1 chum, 1 pink, and a small spring. A lucky guest pulled in a #47 spring today, according to the leader board at the dock. I'm thinking that guy is pretty happy right now!

Back