Time for a New Reel

Beaudog

After reading all the input here on new reels, I have pretty much decided on a new Trophy reel (or maybe 2 if I can sneak it by the boss....). Looking to buy this weekend; any recommendations about best place to buy on the Island?

Thanks for your feedback.

From Harbour Chandler web page

[h=2]TROPHY TYEE XL QR MOOCHING REEL[/h]CATALOGUE ID #1235

Machined from solid aluminum bar stock
Colour
<select mandatory="1"><option value="" selected="">-- Please select --</option><option value="30310240">Green </option><option value="30310241">Gold </option><option value="30310242">Blue </option><option value="30310243">Gunmetal Gray </option></select>

see details

<!--hidden unless product is on sale (onsale0) --> [h=4]ON SALE[/h]Retail Price $349.99
<!--START HIDE/SHOW QUOTE --> <!--show price only--> [h=3]OUR PRICE[/h]$269.99 CAD
Quantity

Luckily, I happen to be in Parksville for the weekend, so HC isn't far away. Didn't know if Cabela's or Wholesale Sports carried Trophy, but I'd rather support local guys anyway so this is good.

Thanks

Luckily, I happen to be in Parksville for the weekend, so HC isn't far away. Didn't know if Cabela's or Wholesale Sports carried Trophy, but I'd rather support local guys anyway so this is good.

Thanks

Gonefishin in Nanaimo has them as well. Pretty sure Wholesale Sports doesn't sell Trophy and Cabela's is way more expensive.

http://gonefishinshop.com/product-category/fishing/reels/trophy-xl-reels/

Apparently PNT has them too.

http://pacificnetandtwine.com/?prod...680ua6kr55k3rn7h13&cat=2248,2629,2632&filter=

Or usedvic

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/New-Trophy-xl-Triton-106-rod-and-reel--obo_24011407

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless they have changed up the springs they use make sure you buy an MR3 or similar drag spring for the Trophy. It makes them way less touchy so hopefully you can avoid a rats nest or 2 when its on free spool, otherwise a great reel for the money.

Cheers

Unless they have changed up the springs they use make sure you buy an MR3 or similar drag spring for the Trophy. It makes them way less touchy so hopefully you can avoid a rats nest or 2 when its on free spool, otherwise a great reel for the money.

Cheers

Yeah, I hope they have changed the spring issue, if not it's an easy fix. I know they did put new larger handles on, so maybe they addressed the spring problem at the same time. Really looking forward to the new reels!!

Springs are the same. 2 changes = paddles and the free spool has been moved to better location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I checked with them. Seems everyone else has dropped their price to $269 (and maybe less according to bloodbuggy) but PNT are still at $349.

PNT doesn't have any stock on them right now and last pair they let go for 249.00 each.....If u are around Parkville tomorrow drop bye and see Rob and check out the TMx-4 reels available in PINK Black Gold and blue.. they are 249.00 right now..:)

PNT doesn't have any stock on them right now and last pair they let go for 249.00 each.....If u are around Parkville tomorrow drop bye and see Rob and check out the TMx-4 reels available in PINK Black Gold and blue.. they are 249.00 right now..:)

Derby is all over the Pink one goes good with his canuck pajamas :)

The Amundsens were a close second on my list. Seems like lots of people prefer the Trophy, though.

The Trophy's were on for $249 at the Vancouver Boat Show. Harbour Chandler had them and one other dealer too. Cant remember which one.
I got three of them there last year and it included 3 rolls of Maxima 30 pound Hi Vis line too

boat show in Victoria this weekend. might be a slim chance they will have some for an ok price. also heard trotac will be having a little bit of a boat show sale at the store...

Back