Sidney area report

cheifman

I am wondering if there is anything happing out Sidney way. Just getting the new boat set up for fishing and thinking about trying it out this weekend. Any help would be good as I have never spent much time fishing out that way.

Lots of coho at the Pender bluffs.

Thanks for the heads up Ziggy

Yup, 2 clipped coho per day, 2 day possession limit. From November 1 to December 31, Cowichan Bay will be open to 2 coho per day, clipped or unclipped. Here's a link to the list of areas: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/areas-secteurs-eng.html

Sidney Channel, from right off the Spit south to the bottom of James Island can be excellent all winter, but you've got to be near the bottom. Watch out for commercial crab lines though - try to figure out which buoys are part of a string and avoid crossing between them. I've lost a significant amount of gear over the years to those guys. Hamley Point, on the southeast corner of Sidney Island and Fairfax Point on Moresby Island are also good places to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 2 clipped coho in Sidney - not even 1 wild after oct 1st?

Man every area gets screwed by DFO in their own little way.

I read it as 1 clipped 1 wild as of October 1. Are you sure you read the last amendment?

Yup, 2 clipped coho per day, 2 day possession limit. From November 1 to December 31, Cowichan Bay will be open to 2 coho per day, clipped or unclipped. Here's a link to the list of areas: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/areas-secteurs-eng.html

Sidney Channel, from right off the Spit south to the bottom of James Island can be excellent all winter, but you've got to be near the bottom. Watch out for commercial crab lines though - try to figure out which buoys are part of a string and avoid crossing between them. I've lost a significant amount of gear over the years to those guys. Hamley Point, on the southeast corner of Sidney Island and Fairfax Point on Moresby Island are also good places to try.

My mistake, you,re right its area 19 not 18 that changed! Sorry if I caused confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
Back