2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what everyone is getting so pumped up on Sept 1st, except that we can go out and maybe at least TARGET chinook. I looked back at my records since 1996 fishing the S Arm and August was consistent (and thats passing) and only the past two years in Sept has the S Arm been half decent (with lots of hours put in). Just an observation , I'll be out just because I need to do some fishing but I'm not expecting a massive month. Just enjoy the little time the FN allows us to fish it (oh if it opens ! )

Don't know what everyone is getting so pumped up on Sept 1st, except that we can go out and maybe at least TARGET chinook. I looked back at my records since 1996 fishing the S Arm and August was consistent (and thats passing) and only the past two years in Sept has the S Arm been half decent (with lots of hours put in). Just an observation , I'll be out just because I need to do some fishing but I'm not expecting a massive month. Just enjoy the little time the FN allows us to fish it (oh if it opens ! )
Buddy we've been on lock down...hot fishing or not we need this opening and fish bigger water

Buddy we've been on lock down...hot fishing or not we need this opening and fish bigger water
Dont want to plug this thread up but I feel your pain but it doesnt change it, we got screwed and this just doesnt cut it with me. Back to Coho reports

Tues went out after the AM low tide working west van.
Landed a nice coho within 30 mins, then a nice chum around high tide and a nice spring an hour or so late .. all around 7-12 lbs
All really fiesty and put up good fights before getting to the boat .. surprised seals didn't get any as there were a few around

Did you keep the chum? Curious what they taste like. I've heard they're not worth keeping but would be curious if anyone enjoys eating them.

Tues went out after the AM low tide working west van.
Landed a nice coho within 30 mins, then a nice chum around high tide and a nice spring an hour or so late .. all around 7-12 lbs
All really fiesty and put up good fights before getting to the boat .. surprised seals didn't get any as there were a few around
What were you using btw

we use to send all the dogfish to England for fish and chips and smoked fish is all good
and BTW what were you using part time or is it a .........................secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back